Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 1202 times)

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:24:02 PM »
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

kenja

• View Profile
Re: Anyone been asked to write your own LOR?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »
I have, and it is hard.  If it's possible, try to find someone else who would be willing to write you a LOR.
There's been several threads on this issue, and they may help you out.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »
Don't do it...get them to write it or find someone else

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,74530.0.html
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:10:34 AM »
If you really want to keep them, I'd try to give them bullet points that you'd like them to touch upon or include/map it out, but make it so that they can't just copy and paste your words into a paragraph (they can tell if you wrote it)

Honestly, though, your recommenders should be happy to write the rec for you.  Anything less and you may be setting yourself up to fall.  Even if they agree, if they do so reluctantly, that will come across in the rec.
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »
I actually wrote one....spent a couple of days in a blank state then I finally nailed it....The original letter was one page and the final letter that was written by my recommender was three pages. I think my recommender expounded on a couple of points I had mentioned in my letter...Good luck!