Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Official thread for Penn Applicants waiting for an answer  (Read 6572 times)

LZ21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Official thread for Penn Applicants waiting for an answer
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:47 PM »
also waitlisted today... 167/3.86

They WLed you with those numbers?!  They must think that their class is full bc those seem dangerlously close to autoadmit #s for them.  So weird... sorry, that really blows.

DC1624's numbers are almost identical to mine.  I would love to go to Penn...ahh I hate waiting.
UVA Class of 2010!

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2007, 10:58:31 PM »
also waitlisted today... 167/3.86

They WLed you with those numbers?!  They must think that their class is full bc those seem dangerlously close to autoadmit #s for them.  So weird... sorry, that really blows.

Ok I was hoping that no one quoted me.  I totally thought I was posting in the GW thread...which is why I call those #'s autoadmit #s.  Sorry, Im a loooooooooser.

I thought you were probably making the oh-so-common mistake of confusing UPenn with Penn State.  We'll take hope where we can get it, though. 
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2007, 12:25:14 AM »
Yet another batch of waitlists and i don't get one -- what oh what does this mean?

We're both rejected.

I'm with you on that one.

Grrrr

You applied late, no?
VIP.

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
People with almost identical numbers to mine are being WL.  I really don't want a rejection.  I'm going to call today.  Maybe at least they can tell me that I haven't been rereviewed yet.  I hate this waiting.

EDIT:  Just called.  The lady who answered the phone was super nice.  I'm still on hold status and it didn't sound like I had gone back to the committee yet (though the later part was not said explicitly).  She said I should expect to hear at the end of March or in early April.  That's so long...

beeker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
I would really like to know what my decision is.  I am spending the next 3 weekends travelling to look at schools, and I have a feeling my mind will be made up by the time those 3 weekends are finished.  If schools aren't going to let me in...please just let me know!

Penndude7

• Temple '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
People with almost identical numbers to mine are being WL.  I really don't want a rejection.  I'm going to call today.  Maybe at least they can tell me that I haven't been rereviewed yet.  I hate this waiting.

EDIT:  Just called.  The lady who answered the phone was super nice.  I'm still on hold status and it didn't sound like I had gone back to the committee yet (though the later part was not said explicitly).  She said I should expect to hear at the end of March or in early April.  That's so long...

Guys, maybe we can get a gameplan together to pool information. When I called, I was told that decision could be rendered either this month or next. Someone else called and was told that files are looked at "in order." Everytime somebody calls, we get new bits and pieces. Since its not a good thing for the same applicant to call everytime, what if each of us calls and inquires about our application, and in addition asks if the files are looked at in order, expected wait time, chance of acceptance, ASW for late acceptees, etc. Then post it on this board and it will be a nice little database for Penn's process.

r85

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2007, 03:50:55 PM »
Just got the waitlist e-mail.  Deferred EA, 166/3.86.  Replied already to say that I'll stay on the waitlist.  Honestly, I'm just relieved because this was the last decision I was waiting on.

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »
i'm sorry to hear that---good luck with the w/l though! i'm still waiting for any reply...

ipso facto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2007, 04:16:40 PM »
Waitlisted. Withdrew.
I was talking to preachy preach about kissy kiss...

Michigan Law 2010

Ted Buckland, ESQ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Leverage??... Torts??...Ruth Bader who???
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2007, 04:23:28 PM »
Waitlisted. F*ck that. It's a TTT T14 anyway with crazy 3Ls who shoot people up and is in the dirty part of a dirty city.