Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Official thread for Penn Applicants waiting for an answer  (Read 6425 times)

Penndude7

• Temple '10
    • View Profile
Official thread for Penn Applicants waiting for an answer
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
I was deferred from Penn back in December and haven't heard squat. I callled today, and the guy told me that my file wasn't even reviewed yet, and I may end up getting a decision in April (past the deadlines to accept of many other schools). It is definitely a little frustrating. I don't post often, but I hope you don't mind if I share my thoughts. Does anyone know what the Adcoms at Penn are waiting for now that data for the Feb LSAT has come in??

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Official thread for Penn Applicants waiting for an answer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
Oh wow, seriously? Man....this is taking FOREVER!

elidad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:20:41 PM »
When you say deferred and file not reviewed yet, did it actually sound like they summarily put a bunch of people on deferred without reviewing their files to any extent?  Or just that they hadn't reviewed you since the deferral.  My D. has very high LSAT and good grades, applied in late Oct. and is in a similar position.  She has been admitted to schools of equal and in fact higher ranking but is interested in Penn for a variety of reasons (and also Michigan, which also seems to be taking a lot of time to make decisions).

Penndude7

• Temple '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:23:02 PM »
Well since I applied Early action, they had to review my file in December. After this, they put me on hold, and I assume they haven't looked at it yet. I do not have high expectations, but it would be nice to atleast have an answer.

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
i just hope they don't send out acceptances right after all the deposit deadlines for other schools...i hope i get in and before the end of march.

ImpactPlayer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:41:56 PM »
I'm waiting on a decision from Penn.  It hasn't been that long for me, but after hearing back from better schools already, I don't feel like waiting anymore  :D

Hurry Penn!

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »
EA Deferred in December and not a peep since.  Anyone else wanna try calling?  I feel like 3 months of waiting since being deferred warrants some kind of explanation.

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 06:57:33 PM »
hey weesqueak! i haven't seen you on the same posts in a while. good luck with you at penn. do you know where you're leaning towards now though?

r85

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 07:34:11 PM »
I think it says on the deferral letter that they guarantee a decision by April 15 (which is the deadline for most other schools, of course).  Didn't actually expect to wait THAT long though.

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 07:47:40 PM »
count me in the "havent heard a word from penn" club