Law School Discussion

LSU?

LSU?
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »
Hello all. I'm in the Baton Rouge area and would rather not leave, so LSU is pretty much my top choice school. Am I good with a 156/3.7, or should I retake the LSAT? Should I say screw Baton Rouge and go somewhere else? I won't be applying until next cycle.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSU?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:03:48 PM »
Hello all. I'm in the Baton Rouge area and would rather not leave, so LSU is pretty much my top choice school. Am I good with a 156/3.7, or should I retake the LSAT? Should I say screw Baton Rouge and go somewhere else? I won't be applying until next cycle.

Your numbers seem fine; you could retake if you want to be extra sure or if you want to go for scholarships.  And if you really want to stay in Baton Rouge, why not go to LSU?  You'll do fine.

There are a lot of other schools you could get into with a 156/3.7, but they would probably be more or less regional and not significantly better than LSU.  If you're going to attend a regional school, it seems like the best plan to go to one in the region you want to live in.  Now, if you made a big improvement on the LSAT, your 3.7 GPA might allow you to attend a more national school.  If that's really a goal for you, then go for it.  But if not, your numbers are solid for going to LSU.  It would be a fine choice to make.  The bar passage rate is good, and the employment rate is good.  The median salary isn't great, but that's largely due to the low income in the areas some of the graduates practice in.  It's not like you'd be going substantially into debt with dubious employment prospects.