Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letters of Rec from TAs  (Read 629 times)

Myxomatosis

• View Profile
Letters of Rec from TAs
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:24:54 AM »
Is it ok to get a letter of rec from a TA rather than a professor? Do the professors have to co-sign it?

Grazie.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Letters of Rec from TAs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:10:09 AM »
In some cases an LOR from a TA is better than from a professor.  If it's a big class, chances are the TA knows you better and can speak more to your abilities.  As far as I know, there's no need to have it cosigned.
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »
In some cases an LOR from a TA is better than from a professor.  If it's a big class, chances are the TA knows you better and can speak more to your abilities.  As far as I know, there's no need to have it cosigned.

There's usually no NEED to have it co-signed, but it looks better if it is. I'm a TA right now, and actually, a student just asked me to write a letter (not for law school), and I asked whether she had also asked the professor for the course, etc. -- it may seem like a formality, but it does make a difference.

polaremu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:16:49 AM »
I got a LOR from a TA and I don't think that it hurt me at all, just pick the people that know you the best.