Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Getting in-state tuition...easy?  (Read 278 times)

barenakedtjm

Getting in-state tuition...easy?
« on: March 10, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »
I know that here at Clemson, it's pretty easy for out-of-staters to get in-state tuition beginning their second or third years by establishing South Carolina residency.  How difficult a process is this for law school?  Specifically in Alabama?

My dilemma...  I've got in-state here in South Carolina, and USCar has offered me a half-tuition scholarship.  I'm in at Alabama, significantly higher ranked, but with no money.  That makes tuition ~$7,500/yr vs. ~$20,000/yr, give or take.  If I could get in-state for 2L/3L at Bama and cut that $20k in half, my decision would be pretty easy.  Without that, I'm looking at $30k less to stay in-state.

On a semi-related note, I plan to visit USCar next week.  Any tips on what to do to leverage for higher scholarship offers (I got 10k/yr from Kentucky and 23k/yr from Miami, as well as acceptances at other considerably higher-ranked schools... see LSN)?  I'd really like to somehow pull full tuition from USCar, and I have to believe it's not TOTALLY out of the question.  I don't think I could get anything out of Alabama, since USCar isn't exactly a peer school.

barenakedtjm

Re: Getting in-state tuition...easy?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:42:58 PM »
Wow, thanks.  I didn't even think of that, for some reason, but I found it in about 2.3 seconds.