Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Server Status  (Read 1130 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Server Status
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
Hi all,

The server has a new hard drive today.  The old drive was having some problems.  I know the server has been having other problems lately too, and I'll be looking into other ways to improve performance.  We actually have a very powerful server, and I think it just needs some tweaking to support the high activity.

It was a crazy day - shutting down, backing up, waiting for the new drive, and getting everything configured.  Thanks for your patience.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: Server Status
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:50:57 AM »
Also, we don't seem to be getting notifications for new posts in threads or PMs.

ditto. 
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »
and suddenly, I can't hide my email address.

I couldn't see your email address.  Mine is hidden too, but I can still see it.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:57:52 PM »
and suddenly, I can't hide my email address.

I couldn't see your email address.  Mine is hidden too, but I can still see it.

i can see mine, but I can't see yours.  weirdness.

I think it's ok if you can see yours, if nothing else then to simply remember what email address was placed in the system.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 11:04:50 PM »
I think it's ok if you can see yours, if nothing else then to simply remember what email address was placed in the system.

it's just strange because I can see the email icon under my avatar, and I never could before.

Ah.  I can't see that.