• View Profile
Re: The Alabama Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 12:29:10 PM »

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 06:18:17 PM »
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=442462

HEHE, go down to #13 and watch the video.  turn your sound on...

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »
Well if you're looking for schools, then by all means pick AL.  Bama looks like the front runner for me right now, as long as they make a passing grade when I go visit.  That way I can meet the infamous Blue in person.

I was really impressed by Bama when I went to visit, and that was when their building was under construction.  Tuscaloosa seemed like a nice place, and Career Services at my school told us that Birmingham firms all collude to have a big 1L summer program, which is really awesome, especially since their only other option for 1Ls is Samford.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to check out reviews of Bama visits on LSD, all are very positive.  There's a good long one from props (john83) and a couple others, and I think they're all in the same thread.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »
Well if you're looking for schools, then by all means pick AL.  Bama looks like the front runner for me right now, as long as they make a passing grade when I go visit.  That way I can meet the infamous Blue in person.

I was really impressed by Bama when I went to visit, and that was when their building was under construction.  Tuscaloosa seemed like a nice place, and Career Services at my school told us that Birmingham firms all collude to have a big 1L summer program, which is really awesome, especially since their only other option for 1Ls is Samford.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to check out reviews of Bama visits on LSD, all are very positive.  There's a good long one from props (john83) and a couple others, and I think they're all in the same thread.

Butters Stotch

• Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »

The University of Alabama is a fantastic school all around.  I had a blast there.

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 06:28:32 PM »

florida is going down hill fast, some people just dont see it...

Reminds me of the old Yogi Berra quote, "Nobody goes there anymore because its too crowded"

barenakedtjm

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2007, 08:34:49 AM »
Anybody else got their mind made up on Bama?  I did, until S. Carolina gave me half-tuition.  Now I've got to go down there this Wed. and see if I can talk them up to a full ride before I send my deposit to either place.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »
Anybody else got their mind made up on Bama?  I did, until S. Carolina gave me half-tuition.  Now I've got to go down there this Wed. and see if I can talk them up to a full ride before I send my deposit to either place.

You should ask Bama about a scholarship... they seem pretty open to working with people if they're really interested in you.  I would definitely pick Bama over SC, but that's just me.

barenakedtjm

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »

You should ask Bama about a scholarship... they seem pretty open to working with people if they're really interested in you.  I would definitely pick Bama over SC, but that's just me.

I did--she claimed that all of the money is spoken for until deposits come in 1 April.  She (Asst. Dean Reeves) did promise to help me get in-state tuition for 2L/3L, but that was all she offered me aside from promising to call me if something opened up for me.

I would definitely pick Bama over SC too, even if I didn't hate SC already (I go to Clemson), but a full-ride from SC means $30k less debt and I don't know if I can pass that up.

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 02:42:42 PM »

I did--she claimed that all of the money is spoken for until deposits come in 1 April.  She (Asst. Dean Reeves) did promise to help me get in-state tuition for 2L/3L, but that was all she offered me aside from promising to call me if something opened up for me.

I would definitely pick Bama over SC too, even if I didn't hate SC already (I go to Clemson), but a full-ride from SC means $30k less debt and I don't know if I can pass that up.

Well, I'm about to decline Bama and its scholarship so you know at least some money will be freed up.  Good luck.