In general: Should I spend the money on going to an ASW if I've already decided what school I'm going to?
Specifically: So far, my favorite acceptance is American. I would pick it over any lower ranked schools I applied to (Tier2) even with $$, and any higher ranked schools I applied to I have like 1% or less chance of getting in to (WL at Notre Dame, but I'm not holding my breath). I know I have a million schools pending, so it's kinda early to be asking, but I'm going to anyway because the acceptance season is almost over.
There's an ASW on March 23 and another April 13. I'm going pass on the early one, just in case there is a miracle acceptance somewhere. But my question is -- If by the time the ASW rolls around I've already decided that's where I want to go, is it really worth it to go? More specific to my situation: I wouldn't be buying a plane ticket (from Texas) till really late since I won't know till late, so it'll be $$ and I've already spent $11 billion on this whole process. Also, I am taking 18 hours this semester and the weekends are crucial to getting all my work done (I have eight (8!!!) more papers to write (two of which are term papers) plus thesis still before graduation). Also pertinent: I've been to DC, albeit for only a couple of days, and I've never seen the campus.
So I guess the main question is: How much will I really be missing out on by not going to an ASW? I'm assuming it's not going to make or break my 3 years there. I would LIKE to go, but I'm trying to decide what will be better in the long run.
Again, this is a pre-emptive question.