Law School Discussion

American v. George Mason [PT]

jusTTT

• View Profile
American v. George Mason [PT]
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »
Which of the following would you choose and why?

American [Full-Time]
George Mason [Part-Time]

A little background:  I want to stay in DC and do Biglaw.  Female.  Slightly conservative.  Interested in International Law, especially comparative and alternative dispute resolution.

ATHOS

Re: American v. George Mason [PT]
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:22:43 PM »
From what I have heard, American tends to lean to the left, and Mason to the right, politically.  Also, despite Mason's slightly better ranking in USNWR, both schools seem to have the roughly the same placement in the DC area. 

If your interest is really international law, it seems like American would have the advantage. 

Do you have some sort of compelling reason to pursue part-time studies?  If not than I don't see Mason as being prestigious enough to justify choosing its PT program over American's FT, all things being equal.  Maybe if it was GULC PT or even GW PT, then I could understand...

enkidu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: American v. George Mason [PT]
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 07:35:29 AM »
I believe that the cost difference is pretty significant, with GM you would work a little to subsidize your tuition and live in Virginia, where the COL is a little lower.

I would go to GMU personally,but I don't have the option, American rejected me. :(