Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My eye started twitching today.  (Read 1762 times)

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
My eye started twitching today.
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »
I am so nervous that I'm not going to get accepted anywhere.  This afternoon my eye started twitching while I was thinking about it, and it hasn't stopped twitching on and off all day! I'm pretty sure it is nerves.

And I thought I was nervous about taking the LSAT...that was nothing, apparently.

Anyone else as stressed out as me?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
Re: My eye started twitching today.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »
your stat is similar to mine.  Very different soft factors though.  I've got into most of my goals and reaches.  I applied early.

Iceslip

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:44:02 PM »
I am so nervous that I'm not going to get accepted anywhere.  This afternoon my eye started twitching while I was thinking about it, and it hasn't stopped twitching on and off all day! I'm pretty sure it is nerves.

And I thought I was nervous about taking the LSAT...that was nothing, apparently.

Eye twitch is no big deal

causes:
1. Stress/nerves
2. Caffeine
3. Smoking

It'll pass.

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:08:45 AM »
Honey I think basically everyone on this board knows exactly what you're feeling! It's so hard to put yourself out on the line like that and say: "Okay, here is my all. This is the best I could give you. Now you know my personal and academic history, my dreams and my goals. And here's $80 so you can decide whether I'm worthy or not."

Basically, it sucks.

Read enough threads, and you'll see all sorts of whacky stuff. People stalking their postmen, others drinking heavily, people with nighmares ... I once dreamt that I was reading over an application I sent and found a HUGE typo in my PS. I should NOT be having dreams like that!

Anyway, you will NOT get rejected from all your schools! But the waiting part is really craptastic. Just awful. Some people have been waiting on schools since October. Hopefully for you, your cycle will be over quickly.

Best of luck!

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:18:14 AM »

Jen2bJD:  You've applied to very reasonable choices that match your stats.  You have nothing to worry about you'll get accepted to one of them I promise ;).  The late applications may hurt you at some places but there's no way you'll not be accepted somewhere.  Waiting just sucks, still, it's a rite of passage.
Yale 2010

Slow Children At Play

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:26:21 AM »

Hey Jen,

This used to always happen to me, I think it was a mix of stress and lack of sleep.

My suggestion to you is to start eating bananas (apparently potassium reduces muscle spasms like those occurring in your twitching eyes) and to try to get some sleep at night.  I know the latter can be hard, but you've just gotta learn to let it all go.  What's happened has happened, it's not in your hands now.  Wow, I sound like a Zen-master--it's time for me to go to bed.  G'night.
Attending: HLS 2010... boo ya!
In: HLS, CLS(W), NYU(W), UMich(W), UVA(W), Berkeley(W), NWestern(W), Duke(W), ND(W), G-Town(W)
Waitlisted: YLS, UPenn (W), SLS (W)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=SlowChildrenAtPlay

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »
Yes--vitamins and proper nutrition help. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

wannabe1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56:15 AM »
It could be a magnesium deficiency

try taking mg pills

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 10:42:45 AM »
Wow guys are really helpful, thanks. :)

It hadn't really crossed my mind that it could be lack of sleep/proper nutrition.  That is me in a nutshell right now.

And at least I'm not stalking my postman! :D

Good luck to everyone.

gemeg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 10:57:59 AM »
Wow it's nice to know I'm not alone -- My right eye started twitching about a week ago, then it switched to the left eye, and it still hasn't stopped (it's on and off of course). I was starting to think I was going crazy!