Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan ASW - Take 2  (Read 26218 times)

S.A.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan ASW - Take 2
« Reply #430 on: March 29, 2007, 12:50:29 PM »
Yeah I think if I see one of those shirts I will just kind of laugh.

And then I will continue laughing as I watch us dominate on the field.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »
So, I'm in DC now... and I've gotta say, I almost forgot how much I love cities like this. DC, what I've seen of it so far, is great. Uh... oh.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »
So, I'm in DC now... and I've gotta say, I almost forgot how much I love cities like this. DC, what I've seen of it so far, is great. Uh... oh.

DC is an awesome city. No doubt about that.

Titcr.  I'd love to be there for law school, but I don't think the awesomeness of DC overcomes the (relatively) non-awesomeness of GULC.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »

Titcr.  I'd love to be there for law school, but I don't think the awesomeness of DC overcomes the (relatively) non-awesomeness of GULC.

Ha! TITCR right back at you.  I'm sure GULC's great for a lot of stuff, but my ASW experience there was distinctly sub-par.  Minus hanging out with Goaliechica and Cane.   

How come? And btw, Moni, how'd you get $ from GULC? Did they just give it to you, or did you ask them to match?
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

FunkyzeitmitBruno

• Sr. Citizen
  • please fire this man
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 29, 2007, 01:28:52 PM »

Same boat here, with 90k Dean's Scholarship. The idea of being in that location, surrounded by national and international institutions of power is enticing. But then I think about my job opps if I end up bottom 1/2 of GULC class, especially if the biglaw market turns south...Sucks that there is such a huge disparity between the school's stingyness with finaid and its rep/rank, if that makes any sense.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »

Ha! TITCR right back at you.  I'm sure GULC's great for a lot of stuff, but my ASW experience there was distinctly sub-par.  Minus hanging out with Goaliechica and Cane.   

How come? And btw, Moni, how'd you get $ from GULC? Did they just give it to you, or did you ask them to match?

Uhhh...she's Moni! 

(aside to Moni: in your facebook picture, is that your boyfriend with you? is he an arsenal fan?)

True. But you didn't answer my question: Why'd GULC suck it hard?

LSN</

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 29, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »

Uhhh...she's Moni! 

(aside to Moni: in your facebook picture, is that your boyfriend with you? is he an arsenal fan?)

I got 1/2 Dean's Scholarship.  I haven't approached them about upping it, maybe because I'm lazy probably because I'm ambivilant about the school and don't see myself there over Michigan.  In fact, location is the only thing it has over Mich (imo).

Hollow: yes and yes to both.  His first bday that we were together, I got him an arsenal jersey (not that one, the newer yellow one) and scored major gf points.  My bro is a Man U fan and so they argue football over aim.  I swear my bro talks to my bf more than he talks to me!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #437 on: March 29, 2007, 02:10:43 PM »

Same boat here, with 90k Dean's Scholarship. The idea of being in that location, surrounded by national and international institutions of power is enticing. But then I think about my job opps if I end up bottom 1/2 of GULC class, especially if the biglaw market turns south...Sucks that there is such a huge disparity between the school's stingyness with finaid and its rep/rank, if that makes any sense.

This is true. Although I think I'd probably maybe take it. :) $90k is awesome.

LSN</

stacy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 29, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »
I adore DC and don't blame you for considering it.  My best friends live there and I'm going back this summer (and went back for fall break, and will be interviewing for jobs there next fall).  But Michigan does place really well into DC firms/ government jobs/ nonprofits.  And I think that while it's a great city, I'd rather be a student in Ann Arbor where things are geared almost totally to students, and work in DC, which has more stuff geared to people who are earning a salary. 
JD/MUP Summer starter at Michigan

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #439 on: March 29, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »
I adore DC and don't blame you for considering it.  My best friends live there and I'm going back this summer (and went back for fall break, and will be interviewing for jobs there next fall).  But Michigan does place really well into DC firms/ government jobs/ nonprofits.  And I think that while it's a great city, I'd rather be a student in Ann Arbor where things are geared almost totally to students, and work in DC, which has more stuff geared to people who are earning a salary. 

Good points. But if I work in DC, I'd want to work at Finnegan, and GW places way more people there. This could be wholly due to self-selection, but it probably has something to do with its ties to the firm. If I work there, which is a big if, which is why I'm still leaning toward Michigan, because Michigan = flexibility.

LSN</