Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What exactly do they send?  (Read 675 times)

jstbelieve44

• View Profile
What exactly do they send?
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »
I have a question regarding LSAC reports and what law schools receive exactly.  Are they only receiving our academic summary report that LSAC prepares for us (the same thing we see when we click on that link) - or do they also receive our transcript along with it?

I'm just confused about what schools actually get.  I know they receive our letters of recommendation and the summary report, but is that all?  And even if they send a copy of our transcripts along with the report, do most schools not bother with it because LSAC already summarized it for them?

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly do they send?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »
They go get a transcript.  It's rumored that they look over it and might notice if you withdrew, or if you tried to take easy courses...but really, at this point in the game, don't sweat it.  You can't untake your courses, so it is what it is.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: What exactly do they send?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »
They might take a peek at the classes you elected, but not much else.

USNews and ABA use the LSDAS total gpa...so that's all schools care about.

Actually... I think that depends on the school or person looking at your info. I have a 3.91 degree gpa, but only a 3.5 LSDAS gpa. I spoke to the Assistant Director of Admissions at Vandy and he said with a split like that they would not even bother with the LSDAS gpa, and instead consider the degree gpa. I figured it would be the other way around. But I think to make a sweeping statement about that being all they care about may be a bit off the mark.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.