Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: rutgers camden  (Read 756 times)

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
rutgers camden
« on: March 07, 2007, 04:08:12 PM »
Ok I know I am obsessed with Rutgers-Camden...haha...but anyways, from LSN it looks like they have been pretty quiet recently...Anyone heard from them at all recently?  I am so anxious about hearing from them, I just want to get in! 

brandy4k

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: rutgers camden
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »
what's so special about Rutgers-camden?
I've been accepted there but I'm not sure if I really wanna go.
I heard the neighborhood is really dangerous.

what's so good about it?

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
It's the best school in Jersey, and if I remember correctly yanksfan is from Jersey.  Plus if you want to be in Southern NJ or even Philly, its the most cost efficent way to get there. 

The neighborhood outside of the campus/courthouse area sucks, but in that area, its well protected (trust me), and I've heard good things about their program.

It was my top choice before I got into W&L, but W&L doesn't place well in Philly, so frankly if I was dead set on Philly, I would go there.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 05:33:22 PM »
yep I am from NJ. And they have awesome clinics related to family law and criminal law that I am really interested in (Domestic Violence Project, Children's Justice Clinic) and awesome opportunities to clerk for judges-I think it would be awesome to clerk for a family court judge.  Overall they really have what I am looking for, so I hope they let me in! And about the area, I have heard the campus and nearby areas are fine, but you just don't want to stray too far away....

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »
you're not going to want to anyway.  Everything you need is right off the campus or in the next city over.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 05:59:03 PM »
Exactly!  That's why I'm not afraid to go there, I mean plenty of people attend there and are fine. 

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:11:15 PM »
Damn...I need to figure out how badly I want to be back in Philly....
IU-B '10

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »
By the way, JourneyMan, I emailed Nancy Rubert on Monday about scheduling a visit.  It would be awesome though if I was accepted and then I could just attend an accepted students day!  (Do you know when it is, anyways?).  Thanks!

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 06:53:59 PM »
Dean's Day is March 31st.

I won't be able to go, because I'll be in Lexington.  I hope you get the nod though.
IU-B '10

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
and for those considering rutgers-camden and dont want to live in philly. these are beautiful (And cheap compared to philly) apartments two or three blocks from the campus... i took a look at them when i was still considering rutgers-camden

http://www.thevictorlofts.com/