Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which Law School has the Meanest Ding Letter?  (Read 5001 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Which Law School has the Meanest Ding Letter?
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
Some Dings are nice, they tell you how well qualified you are and how competitive it was to get in, and practically apologize for dinging you. Others are a little less polite about everything.

What school has the meanest ding?

I thought BC's letter was pretty heartless...
VIP.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: Which Law School has the Meanest Ding Letter?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »
Some Dings are nice, they tell you how well qualified you are and how competitive it was to get in, and practically apologize for dinging you. Others are a little less polite about everything.

What school has the meanest ding?

I thought BC's letter was pretty heartless...

It stung: "Ultimately, we realize that many of those we cannot accept will go on to lead successful professional lives."

I don't have it in front of me, but I think that's a pretty accurate paraphrase...

SugarJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »
I thought Harvard's was pretty snooty/blunt:

"As a result, we must select a class that we believe to be the very best..."

Well I guess 99% of the population is only mediocre then...
Cornell Class of 2011 (deferring for a year!)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=30secondstolaw

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:43:45 PM »
Now you're getting into the midset of a Harvad ad-comm   ;)
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
Lewis and Clark said something like "many of the students we do not accept are successful at other law schools" lol, i don't even think it said anything about a professional life.

--now comes all the caustic remarks about "who's this guy getting rejected by T2s and not realizing his opinion is hereby PAWN3DBYLIFE-- (i don't think i wrote that according to the xoxo style manual did I?)

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »
my vote is for BC. they made me mad
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

asdfghjk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »
Cooley:

"We have received your application for admission to the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. While we were impressed with your application, I am afraid that we cannot offer you a spot in our entering class."

"In evaluating our applicants, we look not just at test scores and GPAs, but also extracurricular activities, community involvement, leadership, diversity, and work experience."

"Like other top law schools, we are in the unfortunate position of being forced to deny nearly 40% of applicants--many of whom will graduate from college. We wish you luck in your alternative plans."

SugarJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 10:23:41 PM »
Cooley:

"We have received your application for admission to the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. While we were impressed with your application, I am afraid that we cannot offer you a spot in our entering class."

"In evaluating our applicants, we look not just at test scores and GPAs, but also extracurricular activities, community involvement, leadership, diversity, and work experience."

"Like other top law schools, we are in the unfortunate position of being forced to deny nearly 40% of applicants--many of whom will graduate from college. We wish you luck in your alternative plans."

:D :D :D :D :D
Cornell Class of 2011 (deferring for a year!)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=30secondstolaw

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:32:17 PM »
Cooley:

LOL

It seems like BC is winning anyway. Throw in the Harvard vote and it's not looking good for the state of Massachusetts
VIP.

ILoveUncleJesse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »
I hate how rejection/waitlist letters (and I'm including my undergrad apps in this evaluation too) always make reference to the "unusually qualified applicant pool", as if this year's applicants are somehow more outstanding than those in average years. I know they're trying to make you feel better, but who actually buys that? Funny how that happens every year, at every school.