Law School Discussion

Cornell ($$$$$$$) vs. Chicago vs. Columbia

Cornell ($$$$$$$) vs. Chicago vs. Columbia
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:51:49 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I'd like your input about what to do in my sitution.  Please note that I appreciate how great these options are and I realize there is no truly wrong answer to this question. Today, I found out that Cornell designated me a Dean's Scholar and awarded me a scholarship worth $105,000 over three years.  Given that I do not expect to receive any financial assistance from Columbia or Chicago, what should I do?  My career goal is to work for a large firm.  While I know that Columbia or Chicago will give me better options, my question is whether these options will be so much better for big law firms to warrant going $150,000 into debt rather than graduating virtually debt free.  What do you think?  Time is an issue becuase Cornell wants a response by April 1.

Thanks so much for your help!

Don

Re: Cornell ($$$$$$$) vs. Chicago vs. Columbia
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 06:54:45 PM »
Congrats on the scholarship but is it really worth 7 $ signs? For a second I thought they awarded you the Mega Millions jackpot on top of acceptance  ;D

Actually if you look around someone made a pretty similar thread recently.

Re: Cornell ($$$$$$$) vs. Chicago vs. Columbia
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 06:57:44 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,83771.0.html

If you want to gun for WLRK, go to Chi or CLS...otherwise, saving 105k would start you off on a good note and you could start saving money quicker....