Law School Discussion

Leiter on Michigan - Interesting

Re: Leiter on Michigan - Interesting
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »
"Michigan now competes in a cluster with Berkeley, Virginia, Penn, and Texas". Sorry texas is not a t-14. I'd put it in "Vandy, USC, UCLA" cluster.

I agree that at present, UT is clearly not in the 6-10 cluster.  However, UT (much like a sedated longhorn) just needs one policy change re: in-state admits (i.e. no more sedatives for BEVO), and it would likely jump into this group.  People forget that UT has like $11.5 billion to work with.  It doesn't need the state funding.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »
Not to defend Leiter...

...but his comment about UT being in a "cluster" with Michigan is based solely on the reputational [sic] survey results.
Even then texas only gets 4.1, 4.1 for peer assessment and lawyer/judges score. UVA has a reputation of 4.5, 4.6 and mich  4.6, 4.5 Heck even Penn gets 4.4's for both assessments.

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 06:25:15 PM »
Not to defend Leiter...

...but his comment about UT being in a "cluster" with Michigan is based solely on the reputational [sic] survey results.
Even then texas only gets 4.1, 4.1 for peer assessment and lawyer/judges score. UVA has a reputation of 4.5, 4.6 and mich  4.6, 4.5 Heck even Penn gets 4.4's for both assessments.

yeah. it belongs more with NW, GULC, Cornell and Duke. But I think putting UT with USC and Vandy is underestimating it greatly

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
Not to defend Leiter...

yeah. it belongs more with NW, GULC, Cornell and Duke. But I think putting UT with USC and Vandy is underestimating it greatly

In some respects UT doesn't really fit either grouping.  I think a significant portion of UT talent is in the 6-10 section, and a significant (read: in-state) is in the 15-19 area.  It makes for an interesting school and probably an interesting classroom experience.