Law School Discussion

Ann Coulter Calls Edwards a FAGGOT.

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Coulter Calls Edwards a FAGGOT.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 05:01:44 PM »
I didn't hear the yawning, or the phones beeping alerting the audience of their incoming text messages, and as far as I can tell, rolling your eyes doesn't emit sound effects.

You asked a question and I answered it with my opinion. The conservative political activists in that room applauded Ann Coulter because they believe (and the past 8 yrs with a president riding roughshot blindfolded have given them sufficient cause to believe) that they don't have to appeal to anyone besides their political fanbase. And even if their base doesn't support them, say/do what you want anyway.

Ann wanted press, the CPAC wanted press - they got it. Those that clapped loudly enough to drown out the yawning, text messaging, and eye rolling displayed their bigoted behavior and their critics are taking advantage of the opportunity to say, "Are these the type of people that you want running the country?"

im hoping against hope that this blows up in their face, if i was a democratic strategist which let me be the first to say i am not and would never be. i tend to call it like i see it which is a faux pas in politics but anyway...were i a dem strategist i would, once the race heats up immediately begin airing commercials of bush, mcaine and guliani and whoever else will be running talking about their "vision for america" and "comapssionate conservatism" and all that shite then i would run that video of her saying that and of those people clapping and applauding and then i'd show some footage of iraq and then play some clips of the republicans talking about how we've brought "democray" to the middle east, then i show some clips of saddam's assasination and how they taunged him and then i'd show clips of bush saying justice was served...and then i'd end with something like "had enough". of course my ad would never see the light of day...just sayin' 

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »
 :D :D :D 

bush is running again?

muhuhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

im hoping against hope that this blows up in their face, if i was a democratic strategist which let me be the first to say i am not and would never be. i tend to call it like i see it which is a faux pas in politics but anyway...were i a dem strategist i would, once the race heats up immediately begin airing commercials of bush, mcaine and guliani and whoever else will be running talking about their "vision for america" and "comapssionate conservatism" and all that shite then i would run that video of her saying that and of those people clapping and applauding and then i'd show some footage of iraq and then play some clips of the republicans talking about how we've brought "democray" to the middle east, then i show some clips of saddam's assasination and how they taunged him and then i'd show clips of bush saying justice was served...and then i'd end with something like "had enough". of course my ad would never see the light of day...just sayin' 

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »
it is not even hateful...check out a comedy club some time...perhaps the comedians are bigots too and the audience who applauds them...cause the f....t word is applaud worthy there...even if people are rolling their eyes...text messaging or yawning.

Well, it seems to me that someone whose living is made exclusively by making people laugh would have different connotations placed behind their words than someone who makes a living by being a political commentator and popular author who helps many people form opinions on various popular matters.

And regardless, I can't think of any white comedians who say the n word in their act with impunity and without a bit of awkwardness in the audience. Similarly so with straight comedians and the f word (or at least I hope so).

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 07:48:47 PM »
I'll save him the trouble: bluewarrior is about to intimate that Ann Coulter is actually a lesbian and therefore can say "faggot" all she wants to, like Sandra Bernhard, even though Sandra Bernhard is actually a stand-up comedian and Ann Coulter is not. Not to mention that Ann Coulter is not an out lesbian. Not that it matters.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 03:57:05 AM »
it is not even hateful...check out a comedy club some time...perhaps the comedians are bigots too and the audience who applauds them...cause the f....t word is applaud worthy there...even if people are rolling their eyes...text messaging or yawning.

Well, it seems to me that someone whose living is made exclusively by making people laugh would have different connotations placed behind their words than someone who makes a living by being a political commentator and popular author who helps many people form opinions on various popular matters.

And regardless, I can't think of any white comedians who say the n word in their act with impunity and without a bit of awkwardness in the audience. Similarly so with straight comedians and the f word (or at least I hope so).

...political commentator{that should send up red flags already...or at least a caution sign}???

...popular author{popular}

...and aye hope she is not helping people form opinions the way aye hope howard stern isn't helping people form opinions or any radio personality or television personality...form your own damn opinion!

and many straight comedians have been using the "f....t" word today...seriously check out a comedy club in nyc...lisa lampanelli is a fine one to watch...she handles her audience like an orchestra of giggle creatures...tickling everyone's funny bone.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 01:24:57 AM »
I'll save him the trouble: bluewarrior is about to intimate that Ann Coulter is actually a lesbian and therefore can say "faggot" all she wants to, like Sandra Bernhard, even though Sandra Bernhard is actually a stand-up comedian and Ann Coulter is not. Not to mention that Ann Coulter is not an out lesbian. Not that it matters.

::)interesting point...glad you mentioned it...it is a good point...but aye don't think ann coulter is gay... ::)