Law School Discussion

Michigan App

rkrx

Michigan App
« on: September 12, 2004, 07:58:34 AM »
I have a question to those who completed or are completing the UMich app.  The section in which they ask for your special interests or academic pursuits confuses me.  I think all of my academic pursuits falls under extracurricular activities b/c I was heavily involved in academic and professional organizations in school.  What exactly are you guys putting down here? 

And also, I don't fully understand why they are asking for a separate list.  Doesn't a resume include everything they are asking for?

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Michigan App
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:23:28 AM »
I haven't looked at the app that in-depth yet, though I will be soon.  Just want to comment that you should write it in the resume, even if it's in your resume.  Many of them say not to write "see resume."  Which makes sense, because when they're looking at thousands of applications, it's much easier for everything to be in their format than to have to look at thousands of different ways to list activities and such.  Not sure about your first question, though...  I'll let you know if I think of anything.  Your two options are to write "See extracurricular activities" or to relist them.  I think it may be better to relist them, especially if not all of your EC's count as academic pursuits.  But again, I'm going to think about this for a while and let other people answer too.

rkrx

Re: Michigan App
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 11:14:44 AM »
Thanks for your advice.  Yea, I am definitely gonna list the things they want in the format they want.  And I will most probably attach a resume anyway in addition to that.  I will also be thinking about this for a while and if I think of anything else I will post it.