Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ. of Miami anyone?  (Read 28426 times)

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
Re: Univ. of Miami anyone?
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
My roomate contacted me on facebook and told me the names of my other 2 roomates. Luckily 2 out of the 3 are on facebook so I can see who they are beforehand. If you are in the UV also you may want to call and ask so you can figure it out too
UMiami c/o 2010

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »
Hey where did you get a ticket that cheap??? I'm also going to be going out there from Cali on May 27th, but for the 5-week institute. Not that i'm paying for the ticket, but I think this important to know for future flights to Miami...wait is that one way? No that must be one way, right???

no it's round trip on jet blue.  oakland-fort lauderdale non-stop.  oakland is a bit out of the way for me...it's almost 40 mins away for me.  san jose would be better, but whatever.  and i've heard that fort lauderdale is like 20 miles away from miami.  but yeah, you should check it out.  if you're in socal, i think long beach is the airport that jet blue uses.  i just checked and their flight on the 27th is 130 before taxes.  you're probably better off waiting a week or two from the 27th to buy the return ticket to ensure you get the best deal.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
Hey where did you get a ticket that cheap??? I'm also going to be going out there from Cali on May 27th, but for the 5-week institute. Not that i'm paying for the ticket, but I think this important to know for future flights to Miami...wait is that one way? No that must be one way, right???

Cheapest way from Cali to FL are jetBlue and Spirit Airlines. JetBlue flies non-stop to Oakland and Long Beach; Spirit non-stop to LAX. Spirit fares start at ridiculously low prices. During fare sales, you can get non-stops for less than $100 round-trip. I once paid $250 on Spirit for a round-trip from Miami to LAX in business class. The thing is that JetBlue and Spirit fly to Ft. Lauderdale airport, which is in the north suburbs.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

letsgoblue2007

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »
i flew into FLL when i came to visit for ASW - heres a piece of advice - don't spend the $90  on the cab ride - take the tri-rail train from the FLL airport to the Metrorail transfer station (a $3 ride) and then take the metrorail (another $3 ride) to University stop - it'll take you around an hour or so (maybe more or less depending on when you are going and whatnot), but if you don't mind taking a little while longer, you can save yourself some cash for when you go out in coconut grove or south beach.

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »

Cheapest way from Cali to FL are jetBlue and Spirit Airlines. JetBlue flies non-stop to Oakland and Long Beach; Spirit non-stop to LAX. Spirit fares start at ridiculously low prices. During fare sales, you can get non-stops for less than $100 round-trip. I once paid $250 on Spirit for a round-trip from Miami to LAX in business class. The thing is that JetBlue and Spirit fly to Ft. Lauderdale airport, which is in the north suburbs.

i hate spirit.  never am flying them again.  i went to michigan for undergrad and i bought a detroit-oakland flight round-trip ticket for the semester.  well, they cancelled the entire route before my return leg so they basically ate my money.  bastards.  >:(

i know it's just my experience, but it's enough for me to never fly them again.  haha.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »
ugh.  now i am more confused than ever.  i just visited santa clara and with the 42k they are giving me, it just might be too much to turn down.  i am still going to visit miami at the end of the month, so maybe my mere presence their will convince them to at least throw some money at me.

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »
Anybody know when 2nd seat deposit is due?
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

lifewasted

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »

there's a 2nd deposit? i did not see that on the admitted letter or on the site.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2007, 07:53:20 PM »

there's a 2nd deposit? i did not see that on the admitted letter or on the site.

I don't think there is one
UMiami c/o 2010

OSU_Fiji

• AOL Instant Messenger - mofanny77
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2007, 08:46:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure that there isn't one as well