Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ. of Miami anyone?  (Read 27991 times)

OSU_Fiji

• AOL Instant Messenger - mofanny77
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Univ. of Miami anyone?
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »
How did you guys find out that we can't move in until Aug 12th??

That really sux cuz I was hoping to move down a couple weeks before orientation, so I could get acquainted with the area!  I'm gonna be lost for a little bit lol 

lize54216

• View Profile
    • lawschoolnumbers
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2007, 05:05:07 PM »
I had called the University Village and asked when we could move in and they said August 18th, but then a friend of mine called Therese Lambert and she said that we could probably move in on the 12th. I don't know if they were 100% sure tho

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »
So basically we can move in during the week of orientation- which sucks. I wanted that week to be as carefree as possible, but then again I guess I could only take the minimum of clothes I  needed because I doubt  the closets are big enough for all my crap I never wear
UMiami c/o 2010

lize54216

• View Profile
    • lawschoolnumbers
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2007, 10:34:49 PM »
Just wanted to let you know that I called Charmaine Carter today and asked about the check and she said to mail 2 seperate checks 1 for $300 dollars for your seat deposit and the other for $150 for administrative/processing fees.

mason338

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2007, 01:24:47 AM »
Anyone on here NOT living in the UV housing? Im headed down to Miami tomorrow (err today I suppose) and will be looking at housing, Anyone else in the same boat, or did everyone luck out and get the UV housing that I didn't apply for?

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2007, 08:48:30 AM »
Anyone on here NOT living in the UV housing? Im headed down to Miami tomorrow (err today I suppose) and will be looking at housing, Anyone else in the same boat, or did everyone luck out and get the UV housing that I didn't apply for?

I am with you...No Univ housing...
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

lifewasted

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2007, 11:17:42 AM »

mason, i'm in the same boat--no university housing.  i've been looking like crazy online and trying to find a balance between proximity and price.

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
Does anyone know what direction from the Gables you should live in to avoid traffic?  I've been thinking about Kendall or anything west.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »
Does anyone know what direction from the Gables you should live in to avoid traffic?  I've been thinking about Kendall or anything west.

North of Gables. South of Gables = traffic. Traffic goes northbound to downtown during the morning rush hour. West/East of Gables should be fine. Kendall is asking for bumper-to-bumper traffic on US-1 unless you leave super early or take MetroRail.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »
Thanks.  This seems a little counter-intuitive though.  Isn't most of the affordable housing to the north?