Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ. of Miami anyone?  (Read 28132 times)

bittrsweet

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Univ. of Miami anyone?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »
Oh I see yeah my parents are coming as well, but when I referred to you living alone I meant during the school year in like a 1 bedroom apartment.  Um yeah I would def be interested in meeting up with some people because I will only be there with my parents and little sister and would like to meet some of my future classmates possibly.  Thanks for the info...

ohhh, sorry about the misunderstanding. i know i read something about UM finding students going to ASW alone a roommate for the night and i think i was going off that...

about the roommate thing...my parents think a 2 bedroom condo is the best way to go because i can keep it for three years, rent out the place when i'm not there, and easily resell it later. my plan was to maybe not get a roommate right away, but after meeting someone living-compatible, have them move in. i have a verrrrrry bad living situation with my current roommate right now and i'm just a little scared to jump into something again, especially when i don't even know the person well.

i'll PM you when i get more info about meeting up at ASW.
attending: most likely U Miami
in: U Miami ($$$), Cardozo ($$), U Maryland, American, UNC
out: Georgetown, NYU, Fordham
pending: GW
wait-listed: WUSTL

LSAT:164 GPA:3.65

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 07:41:42 PM »
You guys should definetly look at the Valencia. They're nice condos that goes for 700-800 a month depending o how many people you room with. Its about a 2 minute drive or 15-20 minute walk to the school. Compared to university village or any other apartments in the area for the price they are nice as hell.

Forget Money, Read a Book

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »
I'm definitely interested in hearing about any condos and/or apartments any of you find out about.  I'm going to ASD this week too so will be able to let y'all know what I find out.
Attending: The "U"

IN: UMiami($$), UofArizona($$), American, URichmond($$), UofSouth Carolina($$)
OUT:  BC, IU-B, UF,
WL:  GWU, UNC, UGA

lifewasted

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 10:47:30 AM »
i am leaning towards miami. i won't be able to make it to the asw, so i will be really curious to hear what everyone who goes thinks.

Forget Money, Read a Book

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 08:28:21 PM »
interesting article on the UM school of law website.

http://www.law.miami.edu/news/645.html
Attending: The "U"

IN: UMiami($$), UofArizona($$), American, URichmond($$), UofSouth Carolina($$)
OUT:  BC, IU-B, UF,
WL:  GWU, UNC, UGA

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »
You guys should definetly look at the Valencia. They're nice condos that goes for 700-800 a month depending o how many people you room with. Its about a 2 minute drive or 15-20 minute walk to the school. Compared to university village or any other apartments in the area for the price they are nice as hell.

I lived in Valencia for 2 years - stay away at all costs.  Terrible management, overpriced, lots of crime (both in and around the building), and the building, although new, is very poorly constructed.  The only redeeming quality is its proximity to campus.  You can find much better for a lot less money.

Are you serious? I visited it and it way nicer, bigger, and cheaper than university village. If there is a place anywhere near as nice for 700 I would love to see it.

SophistAKAted

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

I lived in Valencia for 2 years - stay away at all costs.  Terrible management, overpriced, lots of crime (both in and around the building), and the building, although new, is very poorly constructed.  The only redeeming quality is its proximity to campus.  You can find much better for a lot less money.

Are you serious? I visited it and it way nicer, bigger, and cheaper than university village. If there is a place anywhere near as nice for 700 I would love to see it.

I'm telling you, I lived there for 2 years and it was hell.  People getting robbed at gunpoint in the parking garage, my best friend's car was stolen, my husband's motorcycle was stolen, my next door neighbor's apartment was broken into, an old lady was robbed...all of this in the building, and within the span of a few months.  And these are just the incidents that I heard about because they happened to me and people I knew.

Trust me on this one.  It's not worth it.

Damn, that's scary. Don't judge a book by it's cover I see. Any suggestions on any other places to live that are nice and cheap?

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »
I'm telling you, I lived there for 2 years and it was hell.  People getting robbed at gunpoint in the parking garage, my best friend's car was stolen, my husband's motorcycle was stolen, my next door neighbor's apartment was broken into, an old lady was robbed...all of this in the building, and within the span of a few months.  And these are just the incidents that I heard about because they happened to me and people I knew.

Trust me on this one.  It's not worth it.

Ahhhh... Miami     ;)

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
I am 90% certain this is my choice.  Does anyone know what campus parking is like?  My car was totaled a month ago, and I'm not sure if I should buy another one.

bittrsweet

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »
I am 90% certain this is my choice.  Does anyone know what campus parking is like?  My car was totaled a month ago, and I'm not sure if I should buy another one.

i don't know how easy parking is, but everyone else tells me that you need a car to get around miami because public transportation doesn't cut it...so i'd buy the car.
attending: most likely U Miami
in: U Miami ($$$), Cardozo ($$), U Maryland, American, UNC
out: Georgetown, NYU, Fordham
pending: GW
wait-listed: WUSTL

LSAT:164 GPA:3.65