Law School Discussion

Univ. of Miami anyone?

donvito

• Just drifting...
    • View Profile
Re: Univ. of Miami anyone?
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2007, 12:50:13 PM »
Yeah donvito, but that was only one game, we had to deal with it twice in one year, heartbreaking I tell you. You would probably be happier in Miami Spring and Fall are good at osu but the winter is absolutely awful and depressing.

Lifewasted where are you at? Are you definately going to Miami?

yeah i hear it's pretty bad out there.  i still have a lot of friends in ann arbor.  i mean...30 degrees in april?!?  that's nuts.

im still mulling over a few other schools.  im in at miami, loyola-chicago, and san diego.  san diego probably has the best weather, at least for me.  im not a big fan of the humid weather like in miami.  but im still waiting to hear back from a few more schools--wisconsin and cardozo are two im very keen on.  but i still like miami i think.  i just think it has better job prospects.  i'll probably visit at the end of the month.

broyle99

• Diet coke and coke diet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2007, 04:56:53 PM »
Yeah donvito, but that was only one game, we had to deal with it twice in one year, heartbreaking I tell you. You would probably be happier in Miami Spring and Fall are good at osu but the winter is absolutely awful and depressing.

Lifewasted where are you at? Are you definately going to Miami?

yeah i hear it's pretty bad out there.  i still have a lot of friends in ann arbor.  i mean...30 degrees in april?!?  that's nuts.

im still mulling over a few other schools.  im in at miami, loyola-chicago, and san diego.  san diego probably has the best weather, at least for me.  im not a big fan of the humid weather like in miami.  but im still waiting to hear back from a few more schools--wisconsin and cardozo are two im very keen on.  but i still like miami i think.  i just think it has better job prospects.  i'll probably visit at the end of the month.

If/when you visit, keep me posted on the housing prospects.  I'm going to go down there in July and try to find housing in a weeks time- I'm a little worried that it's going to be much harder than I anticipate. However, financially and with regard to time it's my only option.

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2007, 12:28:04 AM »
60? oh my...it's time to break out the thermal underwear.  are you okay?

for a 60 in cleveland, we have to wait until april/may.  winter is single digits with negative windchill, lake effect snow, and months of hibernation.  man, i am going to miss that.

like, longjohns and everything. lol

just trying to lighten things up a bit.  but really,  after you spend a few months in fla you really can't handle cold weather anymore... you'll see.  it's like anything under 50 is like the end of the world.

jillibean

• I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2007, 05:50:01 AM »

for a 60 in cleveland, we have to wait until april/may.  winter is single digits with negative windchill, lake effect snow, and months of hibernation.  man, i am going to miss that.

just trying to lighten things up a bit.  but really,  after you spend a few months in fla you really can't handle cold weather anymore... you'll see.  it's like anything under 50 is like the end of the world.

very true. I wear my flip flops all year round and if it gets 60 outside the heat is on.

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2007, 06:46:33 AM »

jump, i was just kidding with you ;D.  i cannot wait until 50 feels cold.  i was fully prepared to give away my sweaters, coats, and gloves.  maybe i should hang on to a few.

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2007, 09:34:22 PM »
Seriously, I don't know what all this talk about the weather being great is all about.  Seriously. I mean, I live in Florida, and it got down to like, 60 this winter  :P

oh that was just mean!! lol.

lifewasted: i think cleveland knows we're leaving and it's throwing its worst at us in these last few months...the weather's really been nutso this past winter.

i really do feel like i'm hibernation. in fact, i'm probably going to starve because it's so cold out i don't want to get groceries. i have bread but nothing to put on it. i have cereal but no milk. i have some rotting fruit. about six packs of jello. butter. twizzlers. two choc chip cookies. argh.

Yeeeahh.....I'm in Boston and the calendar says April but, from the weather outside, it might as well be January. Overcast, windy, in the 30's. The sun's been out for about 5 hours in the past week. We had snow last Wed. This week we are supposed to get more snow and not one day over 45 degrees. I wonder if this is a sign that Miami is the place I should be.  ;D 

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
While weather is a definite plus for UMiami, we all know cost is not.  I'm sure some of you have probably seen this, but for those that haven't and may be concerned about the hefty price tag, I thought this may help.  Basically think of it as an incentive to work that much harder as a 1L.

http://www.lawfirmdiscussion.com/compensation/miami07salary.php

hopefully getting one of these will help us pay back our loans asap!

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »
other random things i can think of right now: the metrorail station is right on campus and looks great. parking is an absolute nightmare and expensive (don't know how much though, should have asked). of the admitted students who actually came to ASW, i was relieved to see they weren't the perfect barbie doll people i expected in miami. this is most likely because some 60% of students who come to UM law are out-of-staters. everyone seemed pretty normal-looking and acting, yay.
I'm somewhat disappointed to hear this.  :D

jillibean

• I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2007, 06:18:05 PM »
other random things i can think of right now: the metrorail station is right on campus and looks great. parking is an absolute nightmare and expensive (don't know how much though, should have asked). of the admitted students who actually came to ASW, i was relieved to see they weren't the perfect barbie doll people i expected in miami. this is most likely because some 60% of students who come to UM law are out-of-staters. everyone seemed pretty normal-looking and acting, yay.
I'm somewhat disappointed to hear this.  :D

Dont worry, a lot of those telenovela and spanish channel shows are shot in Miami so I'm sure you will see plently.

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2007, 06:53:52 PM »
I'm somewhat disappointed to hear this:D

hahaha. yeah there was a lot of male consternation at the lack of south floridian blondes...but just because they're not many in the law school doesn't mean you can't pick on some clueless undergrads.

of interest to us girls, i saw some cuties sweatin in up in the wellness center. this may well be where i hang out when not studying  :)