Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Which classification of waitlist were you placed on?

Non-Resident Priority
 25 (33.3%)
Non-Resident General
 23 (30.7%)
Resident Priority
 3 (4%)
Resident General
 5 (6.7%)
Karl Rove's enemies list
 19 (25.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Poll: General or Priority Waitlist at UVA?  (Read 1876 times)

Sunshine Bound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: General or Priority Waitlist at UVA?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
Non-Res General.
I agree with other posters saying it's a polite rejection, but according to LSD, some managed to get in off the NR-Gen waitlist last year.

Sunshine Bound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 12:41:19 AM »
a question, though.
I got a letter telling me that I was waitlisted yesterday (and the letter was marked March 22), and got another notification via email that the decision has been made as of April 3.
is the email supposed to simply confirm my waitlist status? any ideas?

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 12:59:36 AM »
a question, though.
I got a letter telling me that I was waitlisted yesterday (and the letter was marked March 22), and got another notification via email that the decision has been made as of April 3.

I'm not sure what that means.  I got an email notification a few days before I received my snail-mail waitlist, so it seems strange that you'd get one almost two weeks after.  They might have come to an actual reject/accept decision on your app since putting you on the waitlist.  You might be able to get a more definite answer in one of the higher-traffic UVA threads.  Good luck! 
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

Sunshine Bound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 01:25:06 AM »
a question, though.

I'm not sure what that means.  I got an email notification a few days before I received my snail-mail waitlist, so it seems strange that you'd get one almost two weeks after.  They might have come to an actual reject/accept decision on your app since putting you on the waitlist.  You might be able to get a more definite answer in one of the higher-traffic UVA threads.  Good luck! 

thanks.
I was worried about that as well, that I might get rejected from the waitlist even before I send any LOCI..(esp considering my subpar numbers)
but does your online status say that the decision has been made as well? if so, I would just think my waitlist notice came a bit late since my status has been 'not yet' before I received the e-mail notification.

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 01:35:06 AM »
a question, though.

thanks.
I was worried about that as well, that I might get rejected from the waitlist even before I send any LOCI..(esp considering my subpar numbers)
but does your online status say that the decision has been made as well? if so, I would just think my waitlist notice came a bit late since my status has been 'not yet' before I received the e-mail notification.

Yes, my status changed to decision right after I got the status change email, a few days before I got the waitlist letter.  You're probably right, then, that the system is just now recognizing your waitlist.  Maybe there was just some strange lag between your waitlist notice being mailed and the online system recognizing the change.

This should be just the scare you need to get those LOCIs done pronto, ha ha.
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »
i suggest hang in there. My son got accepted off the non resident general wait list.

Sunshine Bound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
i suggest hang in there. My son got accepted off the non resident general wait list.

you mean, this year?

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 01:25:42 PM »
no, last year.