Law School Discussion

$$$ or better school?

indecisive07

$$$ or better school?
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:14:09 AM »
Hi Everyone! I'm a long time lurker on these boards but I'd love some advice on where to go.  I deciding between an almost full ride at Hofstra, a decent amount of scholarship money to Seton Hall, and a small scholarship at St. John's.  I'm originally from long island but I'm not glued to it or NYC.  I also want to go into health law.  Is it better to just go to Hofstra and come out of school with almost no debt, or go to a slightly better school? 

HeckBoy

• give 'em heck, boy
    • View Profile
Re: $$$ or better school?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »
Hi Everyone! I'm a long time lurker on these boards but I'd love some advice on where to go.  I deciding between an almost full ride at Hofstra, a decent amount of scholarship money to Seton Hall, and a small scholarship at St. John's.  I'm originally from long island but I'm not glued to it or NYC.  I also want to go into health law.  Is it better to just go to Hofstra and come out of school with almost no debt, or go to a slightly better school? 

Well, seeing as how all 3 schools are within the same tristate area/metroplex, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I'm not sure exactly how those schools are seen by firms in the area, but since they're all local I'd venture that at the very lest, the local firms would recruit at all of them. With all that being said, I'd probably go with less debt in your case since I dont think (but correct me if I'm wrong) Health law is very lucrative, so coming out with the least debt would probably be wisest. Then again, if you think the debt is small enough for you to manage post-grad, then I'd go with a higher ranked school.