Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oops. She's pregnant, and she's hoping it's mine.  (Read 6779 times)

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Re: Oops. She's pregnant, and she's hoping it's mine.
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »
On a related note, did you know that they sell the morning after pill OTC?  I remember debates about it, but I didn't think anything ever was resolved.  Then I switched pharmacies, and noticed in the new one, they have tags hanging by the condoms.  You take one up to the pharmacy and they ring up the morning after pill.  If you're <18, you need a prescription.

I'm all for it, but it just seems like it totally slipped by me.  How did that happen when people in TX are flipping out over HPV?

Anyway, knowing that...OP could have bought a stash of morning after pills, keep them in his kitchen, and then make breakfast for all one night stands...a nice bowl of oatmeal (sticks to your ribs) with a ground up morning after pill (makes sure nothing sticks).

I think Amanda Marcotte has the best explanation of this.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 05:51:45 PM »
She lied and said that (1.) planned parenthood is closed on (whatever day of the week it was) and (2.) it was a "safe" time in her cycle.  She's had an abortion before but the difference now is that her life is going nowhere (just dropped out of school for the second time, and daddy's $$$ is being cut off), and sees me as a meal ticket.

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 06:07:16 PM »
She lied and said that (1.) planned parenthood is closed on (whatever day of the week it was) and (2.) it was a "safe" time in her cycle.  She's had an abortion before but the difference now is that her life is going nowhere (just dropped out of school for the second time, and daddy's $$$ is being cut off), and sees me as a meal ticket.

::)

Dude, if you don't want a kid, wear a condom.

Honestly, I'm not buying the "I was passed out" excuse. Why? Because if your blood alcohol is so high that it's making you pass out, it's also so high that you can't get it up.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

pfont77

• Twice as fast as your ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »

you got all this from a "black out drunk one night stand"?

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 06:30:21 PM »
Who knew that coitus could lead to pregnancy? 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

euphrasie

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - allardjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
You do realize that your child support wouldn't be that expensive, right? In WA state, at least, child support is a pre-determined amount that is split by the percentage of each parent's income. So, if she makes pretty much anything, she will get the bulk of the amount and you'll be ordered to pay a small percentage.

I have THREE kids, and at the time of our child support hearing, my ex and I made about 3k per month each. He pays $600 per month for all three, which is the amount in the state table (i.e. no strange deviation). The court apparently believes that it only costs about $1200 per month to provide for three kids.

The only iffy thing for you is what she decides for daycare. Child support isn't the big issue, daycare is. It is, again, split by income but it can be very expensive. If she stops working or has any kind of family care, you'll be fine.
Married: Seattle 2011!
Love: Fordham PT, Seton Hall PT, USF PT, Seattle PT, Lewis & Clark PT, USD PT
Like: W&M
Hate: Georgetown PT, Harvard

LSN

GwenK

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »
I'm with GCoop - vehemence and all! Show a bit of class OP.

--------------
III.  If I or II didn't happen, I wouldn't post about it on a message board with the "how am I gonna get out of this - this female dog is crazy" attitude, I'd shut the @#!* up in public and be a bit more discreet about figuring out my options and not ever talk about the potential mother of a baby that could be half mine in the terms the OP has talked about this woman, period.

No sympathy at all.

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 07:22:23 AM »

As if I haven't talked to her since.  We have overlapping social circles.

And to the person who said I couldn't get it up in a blackout, my history says your wrong.  This was the first "oh sh|t, what happened" incident that was bareback, usually I'm MR condom.  Yeah, it's my fault for getting that drunk.  Feel free to berate me but I need to deal with the objective reality of what happened and not how you feel about me morally.

I'm sure I sound very crass.  I don't know how else to sound.  My life could very well be f*cked.

I'm hearing mixed messages.  A family lawyer I talked to (free legal clinic) said that he has clients in grad school who are liable for like 150-200 a month.  Other people are telling me they'll impute my income based on full time employment with a college degree, and that I need to kiss law school goodbye or go to jail.

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 07:25:40 AM »
I'm with GCoop - vehemence and all! Show a bit of class OP.

--------------
III.  If I or II didn't happen, I wouldn't post about it on a message board with the "how am I gonna get out of this - this female dog is crazy" attitude, I'd shut the @#!* up in public and be a bit more discreet about figuring out my options and not ever talk about the potential mother of a baby that could be half mine in the terms the OP has talked about this woman, period.

No sympathy at all.

Public message board?  The best part about soliciting advice on the internet is the anonymity.  How am I not being "discreet?"  Oh noes! LAWSCHOOLDISCUSSION.org/prelaw knows I might have knocked someone up.  I'm such a blabber mouth.

Also, I need no sympathy.

pfont77

• Twice as fast as your ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »

As if I haven't talked to her since.  We have overlapping social circles.

And to the person who said I couldn't get it up in a blackout, my history says your wrong.  This was the first "oh sh|t, what happened" incident that was bareback, usually I'm MR condom.  Yeah, it's my fault for getting that drunk.  Feel free to berate me but I need to deal with the objective reality of what happened and not how you feel about me morally.

I'm sure I sound very crass.  I don't know how else to sound.  My life could very well be f*cked.

I'm hearing mixed messages.  A family lawyer I talked to (free legal clinic) said that he has clients in grad school who are liable for like 150-200 a month.  Other people are telling me they'll impute my income based on full time employment with a college degree, and that I need to kiss law school goodbye or go to jail.

Child support laws and guidelines vary from state to state.  If you're looking to be a lawyer, then read the actual guidelines for child support.  I pay 1500 for my kids in GA, but a buddy of mine who had fewer kids in another state pays almost 2500, and we have similar incomes. 

I dont know if they would figure child support for your kid by computing your income based on full time employment with a college degree, but they may at least compute it with you, as an able bodied adult male, working full time at minimum wage. 

Your life isnt "f*cked".  Just quit cryin and find out the FACTS.  Once you find out your obligation, be a man, accept it, and move on.  Going to law school part time while working doesnt mess your life up.  At the very least, this experience should give you some much needed maturity.