Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Did I Screw myself?  (Read 1606 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Did I Screw myself?
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:38:49 PM »
Was it a really bad idea for me to have not re-taken the LSAT in February? Did a lot of people improve their scores and decrease my chances at the 6 schools I'm waiting for?
VIP.

Oddibemcd

• Sr. Citizen
  • Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
Re: Did I Screw myself?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you man. I figured my original score was good enough (and I didn't want to prepare again), but it seems as if with seemingly a fair number of people passing me, my deferrals will turn into rejections.
Attending: Cornell
In: Cornell, G-Town, W&M(w), FSU(w), U of Cincinnati(w), Santa Clara(w)
Held: Northwestern(w)
Waitlisted: Cardozo(w), Michigan(w), Penn
Out: Chicago, Yale, NYU, Columbia

171/3.4

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »
In the same boat..I have nothing to blame but laziness...I am quite sure I could have increased by score since i scored way below my average.

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
I didn't do it out of fear of lowering my score. Sigh.

Do you think that most of the re-takers are applicants for this cycle or next? I wonder what the breakdown is......

Oddibemcd

• Sr. Citizen
  • Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »

Do you think that most of the re-takers are applicants for this cycle or next? I wonder what the breakdown is......

Just from here, it seems that most people are applying this cycle and are hoping that the late score gives them a boost on borderline applications. I don't begrudge them, I should have done it as well.

171/3.4

Lao Wai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »

Just from here, it seems that most people are applying this cycle and are hoping that the late score gives them a boost on borderline applications. I don't begrudge them, I should have done it as well.

With a 171?  Come on, man - that's still 98th percentile.  I know this site makes it look like everyone is passing you by, but there really aren't that many people with a better score than you. 

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »
Was it a really bad idea for me to have not re-taken the LSAT in February? Did a lot of people improve their scores and decrease my chances at the 6 schools I'm waiting for?

It's too late now, so stop worrying about it.

If you think you truly can score higher, think about taking the June test to get off of a WL or to apply next cycle.  As for now, don't think about "what I could have done".  You'll just make yourself crazy.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Oddibemcd

• Sr. Citizen
  • Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:04 PM »
  I know this site makes it look like everyone is passing you by, but there really aren't that many people with a better score than you. 

This is what makes it so tough. Between here and XOXO it seems like the median LSAT grade hovers around a 174 or so. Plus, I have some pretty hard knocks on my app that I have to make up somehow. (Flunking out of school and the like.) Either way, where I end up is where I'm supposed to be, so there is no use in worrying too much.

171/3.4

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 11:10:04 PM »
I wonder about this too. I mean, i know the LSAT inside out because I teach it! I probably should have retaken in december... and february... and now its too late. I just hope people arent screwing me over because they spent the extra money to retake it.

It makes me very sad actually... especially since the december curve was ridiculous. I guess some people really didnt know plaid fabric included more than one color.
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

krockband

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »
The new ABA policy discriminates against people too poor to keep retaking the LSAT! Down with the ABA!