Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 166-> 172 what do i do now?!  (Read 1474 times)

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
166-> 172 what do i do now?!
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »
So here's my dilemma-

I just got my Feb LSAT score back, and it was an unbelievable 172.  My previous LSAT (Sep '06) was a 166, when I was sick with the flu.  Before this LSAT came out (or in Yale's case, the day of), I had been rejected by Harvard, Yale, Boalt and UChicago, and waitlisted at Duke, Georgetown and UMichigan.  What should I do?  Should I reapply next year, or should I send out letters to the schools I was rejected from and see if they would reconsider my application?

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 166-> 172 what do i do now?!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:04:46 PM »
It depends on your GPA (whether it is high enough to give you a reasonable shot at a top 3 school with a 172) and where you *want* to go.  Do you want to go to one of the schools you're waitlisted at?  If so, maybe you'll be in for this year!
Michigan Law Class of 2010

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »
3.9 GPA, good recs, PS etc- and i would really, really, really want to go to UPenn

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:14:52 PM »
So here's my dilemma-

I just got my Feb LSAT score back, and it was an unbelievable 172.  My previous LSAT (Sep '06) was a 166, when I was sick with the flu.  Before this LSAT came out, I had been rejected by Harvard, Yale, Boalt and UChicago, and waitlisted at Duke, Georgetown and UMichigan.  What should I do?  Should I reapply next year, or should I send out letters to the schools I was rejected from and see if they would reconsider my application?

Call up and ask if they will reconsider you if you have your heart set on going to school next year. If not, wait a year.
VIP.

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
So here's my dilemma-

I just got my Feb LSAT score back, and it was an unbelievable 172.  My previous LSAT (Sep '06) was a 166, when I was sick with the flu.  Before this LSAT came out, I had been rejected by Harvard, Yale, Boalt and UChicago, and waitlisted at Duke, Georgetown and UMichigan.  What should I do?  Should I reapply next year, or should I send out letters to the schools I was rejected from and see if they would reconsider my application?

Would you be excited to attend Duke, Georgetown or Mich? if so, make sure they have your new score ASAP. It might be worth checking in with the other, four, two, to see if there is any chance they'd reconsider your application. If there are any top schools you didn't apply to, it also might be worth applying now.... they generally don't guarantee consideration of applications after March 1, but many sometimes do anyway.

But if you don't mind waiting a year, obviously getting in early applications next year with your new score would be optimal.

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 07:30:04 PM »
out of pure selfishness, i would say wait till next year. but congrats on your score!

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »
i'm sending out letters to all the schools informing them of my new LSAT score and explaining the jump etc.  to yale, harvard, uchicago and uc-berkeley, I'm humbly requesting that they look at my application one last time in light of this new information and hopefully give me another shot.  otherwise, I might just reapply next year

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
If you dont get into any t-10 schools i say reapply next year. 172 is a terrific score and with your gpa you can even hope to get into Harvard!

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »
amazing how one test can complicate things so much!  thanks for all your input, I'm going to see how these letters go and how the rest of the cycle plays out.  if Penn, Stanford or Michigan do not come calling, I will wait until next cycle and go for H/Y (Yale being my dream, since I want to be a federal/appellate judge more than anything)

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »
has anyone ever heard of someone getting accepted after being rejected?  I'm guessing the odds are extremely slim, but I want to give it a try since HY are my ultimate "this couldn't even happen in my wildest dreams" schools