Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ann Coulter calls Edwards a Faggot.  (Read 13169 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Ann Coulter calls Edwards a Faggot.
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
sorry if you are offended...but really...reality check...it doesn't matter what ann coulter says...you are making more out of her than necessary...and aye can't believe how many people are ignorant to think that it matters...

hate speech has come from the edwards camp for a while now...she just dishing back...

you are perhaps too sensitive to something that wasn't even directed toward you...plus she has the freedom of speech backing her. Wink

lighten up shorty.

It does matter. Of course it matters. If public figures using hate speech in political forums doesn't matter, then nothing matters. And then we're nihilists and our lives have no meaning, which, @#!* that.

And I call bull on the proposition that she's just responding to Edwards. I haven't seen anything in the news about him using slurs to describe people--or has he been doing that and our liberal left-wing press just hasn't chosen to report it?

The idea that Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a faggot doesn't affect me is itself an offensive idea. It affects everyone, regardless of political or sexual orientation.

Freedom of speech is irrelevant, which I guess is just how you roll, shorty.

Ugh.

freedom of speech is everything...better go crack some books...pooty.

and what you call hate speech is how many stand-up comics pay the bills...

coulter is a stand-up pundit...like bill mahr and dennis miller and colbert and stewart...they all in the same pundit shock jock crew...some are obviously more effective than others... ;)

I know I've said this already, but for the record:

The government should not ban hate speech. Private citizens should try their damnedest to root it out at every level of society. Thus, since I'm not talking about trying to make the government ban Ann Coulter, saying that she has "freedom of speech" on her side is, in fact, completely irrelevant. Of course she's allowed to call John Edwards a faggot. But she shouldn't.

Likewise, the stand-up comedy "argument" you're trying to make is irrelevant, because Ann Coulter is not a stand-up comedian. Moreover, I can find stand-up comedians who call people faggots to be offensive.

Calling Coulter a "stand-up pundit" is inventing a term, and unfairly conflating her with Colbert, Stewart, etc. Like I said, there is no way in hell Colbert is ever going to let the word "faggot" or its equivalent pass his lips in a public setting. And neither would any of the others you mentioned. It's disingenuous to shrug this sort of behavior off by saying that Ann Coulter just wants to get a rise out of me.

Also, cut it out with the f-ing winks.

that was funny watching you work yourself up there into a dither...

she wanted to get a rise out of you and take a dig at john edwards bigot ex-employees...looks like she is o.t. and believes eye for eye???  ;)

by the way, if you don't mind me...the tone of your posts feel a bit dreary...also...why so uptight??  sounds like sombody needs a little release...if ya know whadayemean. ;)

I mean, I know that you're doing a nifty-little form-content thing where you say *&^% just to get a rise out of me, as Ann Coulter supposedly does, but if we ever come to a time where this doesn't get a rise out of me, then I may as well kill myself.

Things that are important are important. Also, @#!* yourself, mkay?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 12:23:24 AM »
sorry if you are offended...but really...reality check...it doesn't matter what ann coulter says...you are making more out of her than necessary...and aye can't believe how many people are ignorant to think that it matters...

hate speech has come from the edwards camp for a while now...she just dishing back...

you are perhaps too sensitive to something that wasn't even directed toward you...plus she has the freedom of speech backing her. Wink

lighten up shorty.

It does matter. Of course it matters. If public figures using hate speech in political forums doesn't matter, then nothing matters. And then we're nihilists and our lives have no meaning, which, @#!* that.

And I call bull on the proposition that she's just responding to Edwards. I haven't seen anything in the news about him using slurs to describe people--or has he been doing that and our liberal left-wing press just hasn't chosen to report it?

The idea that Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a faggot doesn't affect me is itself an offensive idea. It affects everyone, regardless of political or sexual orientation.

Ugh.

coulter is a stand-up pundit...like bill mahr and dennis miller and colbert and stewart...they all in the same pundit shock jock crew...some are obviously more effective than others... ;)

The government should not ban hate speech. Private citizens should try their damnedest to root it out at every level of society. Thus, since I'm not talking about trying to make the government ban Ann Coulter, saying that she has "freedom of speech" on her side is, in fact, completely irrelevant. Of course she's allowed to call John Edwards a faggot. But she shouldn't.

Likewise, the stand-up comedy "argument" you're trying to make is irrelevant, because Ann Coulter is not a stand-up comedian. Moreover, I can find stand-up comedians who call people faggots to be offensive.

Calling Coulter a "stand-up pundit" is inventing a term, and unfairly conflating her with Colbert, Stewart, etc. Like I said, there is no way in hell Colbert is ever going to let the word "faggot" or its equivalent pass his lips in a public setting. And neither would any of the others you mentioned. It's disingenuous to shrug this sort of behavior off by saying that Ann Coulter just wants to get a rise out of me.

she wanted to get a rise out of you and take a dig at john edwards bigot ex-employees...looks like she is o.t. and believes eye for eye???  ;)

by the way, if you don't mind me...the tone of your posts feel a bit dreary...also...why so uptight??  sounds like sombody needs a little release...if ya know whadayemean. ;)

I mean, I know that you're doing a nifty-little form-content thing where you say *&^% just to get a rise out of me, as Ann Coulter supposedly does, but if we ever come to a time where this doesn't get a rise out of me, then I may as well kill myself.

this story is sinking...

you are simply making waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooooo much out of ann coulter...remember she was the one speaking...cheer up...maybe we will find out that ann coulter is actually gay and then you won't be so offended. ;)

dil pickles are cheap...do pick one up sometime...sounds like you could use it.

and seriously, dude...for your own sake...check out sandra bernhards old stuff.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 12:30:45 AM »
I'm going to go with "being purposely obtuse" for $800, Alex.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2007, 12:32:04 AM »
UMN '10

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2007, 12:34:49 AM »
True. I do enjoy getting my piece said, though. Hence law school.
This sig kills fascists.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2007, 12:40:22 AM »
no...all this is answered here: ;)

edwards gonna have to step it up now.

lighten up shorty.

Ugh.

this story is sinking...

you are simply making waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooooo much out of ann coulter...remember she was the one speaking...cheer up...maybe we will find out that ann coulter is actually gay and then you won't be so offended. ;)

dill pickles are cheap...do pick one up sometime...sounds like you could use it.

All of this, is answered here.

The fact of the matter is, she [called someone a faggot] at a major conservative political forum and received a standing ovation.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »
I'm going to go with "being purposely obtuse" for $800, Alex.

lol. It's Bluewarrior. Proper counterargument = putz.

not forget "numbnuts."  or "dipshit."  or "coward."  or "goatfucker."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2007, 11:13:36 PM »
lesko = dildo

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2007, 07:55:46 AM »
hey, someone humpin' your goat.

Ulfrekr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2007, 11:12:20 AM »
The sad fact of the matter is, had Coulter called Edwards an n-word, and gotten the same response, everyone would probably get why the situation was offensive.

Also, I'm not really clear on how anything the Democrats or liberals do or don't due is a necessary consideration in determining whether Coulter's actions were out of line. Claiming that applauding Coulter for saying faggot is okay because Louis Faracan (sic) is an anti-Semite isn't an argument, it's just changing the subject.
Michigan 2011 baby!

LSN