Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ann Coulter calls Edwards a Faggot.  (Read 13899 times)

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Coulter calls Edwards a Faggot.
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »
well hey if i was unsophisticated, unintelligent, and unable to attract an audience through normal means i'd make unnecessarily controversial and asinine remarks as well!  Instead of publicizing a homemade sex video like Paris Hilton, she'll just call John Edwards a fag. 

She's like eminem... minus the talent. 
testing testing 1 2 3

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
well hey if i was unsophisticated, unintelligent, and unable to attract an audience through normal means i'd make unnecessarily controversial and asinine remarks as well!  Instead of publicizing a homemade sex video like Paris Hilton, she'll just call John Edwards a fag. 

She's like eminem... minus the talent. 
pretty close...but aye think howard stern is a more accurate characterization.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2007, 06:32:49 PM »

Well next time one of those organizations calls someone a faggot, or even tacitly endorses it, let me know and I'll be just as disgusted. We really need to debate whether or not homophobia aligns itself more with moral conservatives than other points on the political spectrum? Everyone around here might be wise enough to understand that Ann Coulter is little more than a talking head, but there are plenty of others out there that subscribe exactly to her absurd world view.

Point taken, but at the same time realize what im saying, homophobia is not the only "absurd word view."  Its not like all liberals are ivy league intellectuals and all Republicans are trailor trash mullet heads.  The NAACP wont applaud someone using the word faggot, (except Sharpton, and Jackson both have a distate for homosexuality), but they may applaud something equally intolerant.  I do not think homophobia is propogated by people like Coulter because people stupid enough to be really homophobic arent people who have ever of Ann Coulter.

PLEASE. Please enlighten me as to what the NAACP would possibly applaud that even approaches the offensiveness of calling ANYONE a faggot. This word is one of the most damaging and offensive of any in our language, and the fact that a public figure would even think that it could possibly be okay to do anything other than walk out upon hearing it (let alone APPLAUD) is actually disgusting.

Ann Coulter is just as morally repugnant as Fred Phelps.

go to a comedy club one day...

there ya gonna see and hear some things which you might find offensive...

the f.....t word and the n...word...sooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo many times...

and many times it is directed toward a political figure or actor, for example...sometimes it is the audience members.

and sometimes you don't know where they are going with this...amazing!

and george carlin has said some things people find offensive...

aye love redd foxx...he was the real deal...some might call him offensive.

aye think some of you got swept up with an idea that ann coulter is on a pedestal.

ann coulter is a pundit...a shock jock. nothing more.

some things to ponder...maybe ann coulter is gay?   do gay people throw the f...word around?  does sandra bernhardt throw the f....word around?  was ann coulter just getting into dirty politics with edwards because she feels he did little to quell marcotte and was swiping at him the way his staff swiped at right wing shills...who knows?  perhaps she was offended by the edward's camp bigotry toward catholics and wanted to offend him back with her own bigoted comment...painting him as a left wing shill.  who really knows...more importantly...who really cares...;)

You f-ing dumbass. They didn't invite George f-ing Carlin to speak at an event like this, because this is not a f-ing comedy club or an HBO special. They invited someone who purports to be and is for better or worse considered to be a political figure--not to mention considers herself one. Trust me, she doesn't think she's George Carlin. And if you think Colbert would ever say anything even remotely on this level, you're a bigger shithead than I thought. This is hate speech.

As for who really cares, a lot of f-ing people really care. As she was alluding to in her joke (I think), Isaiah Washington has learned how many people really do care about using this deeply upsetting and hateful word. Hate. Speech.

I, for one, can't believe that she could possibly be this monumentally stupid. Oh well, I guess.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

AJF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »
This is probably a waste of time because I'm not going to convince you because you seem very idoctrinated.  The NAACP ran an ad depicting a chain being dragged behind a truck in the dirt whith a voice over talking about how "the then Texas Governor didnt support hate-crime legislation and it was like the person who was dragged was killed all over again."  Then Governor Bush had already signed the death warrant for the perps of that act.  The word faggot is undeiably hateful, so too is such slander and filth.  If you are too blind to see that these things are a two-way street, and you think Republicans are the only bigots and hate-mongers in this country, well then you are blinded by a pile of dogma so high that it has obstructed the view from your ivory tower.
W&L '10

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2007, 06:48:48 PM »

Well next time one of those organizations calls someone a faggot, or even tacitly endorses it, let me know and I'll be just as disgusted. We really need to debate whether or not homophobia aligns itself more with moral conservatives than other points on the political spectrum? Everyone around here might be wise enough to understand that Ann Coulter is little more than a talking head, but there are plenty of others out there that subscribe exactly to her absurd world view.

Point taken, but at the same time realize what im saying, homophobia is not the only "absurd word view."  Its not like all liberals are ivy league intellectuals and all Republicans are trailor trash mullet heads.  The NAACP wont applaud someone using the word faggot, (except Sharpton, and Jackson both have a distate for homosexuality), but they may applaud something equally intolerant.  I do not think homophobia is propogated by people like Coulter because people stupid enough to be really homophobic arent people who have ever of Ann Coulter.

PLEASE. Please enlighten me as to what the NAACP would possibly applaud that even approaches the offensiveness of calling ANYONE a faggot. This word is one of the most damaging and offensive of any in our language, and the fact that a public figure would even think that it could possibly be okay to do anything other than walk out upon hearing it (let alone APPLAUD) is actually disgusting.

Ann Coulter is just as morally repugnant as Fred Phelps.

go to a comedy club one day...

there ya gonna see and hear some things which you might find offensive...

the f.....t word and the n...word...sooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo many times...

and many times it is directed toward a political figure or actor, for example...sometimes it is the audience members.

and sometimes you don't know where they are going with this...amazing!

and george carlin has said some things people find offensive...

aye love redd foxx...he was the real deal...some might call him offensive.

aye think some of you got swept up with an idea that ann coulter is on a pedestal.

ann coulter is a pundit...a shock jock. nothing more.

some things to ponder...maybe ann coulter is gay?   do gay people throw the f...word around?  does sandra bernhardt throw the f....word around?  was ann coulter just getting into dirty politics with edwards because she feels he did little to quell marcotte and was swiping at him the way his staff swiped at right wing shills...who knows?  perhaps she was offended by the edward's camp bigotry toward catholics and wanted to offend him back with her own bigoted comment...painting him as a left wing shill.  who really knows...more importantly...who really cares...;)

You f-ing dumbass. They didn't invite George f-ing Carlin to speak at an event like this, because this is not a f-ing comedy club or an HBO special. They invited someone who purports to be and is for better or worse considered to be a political figure--not to mention considers herself one. Trust me, she doesn't think she's George Carlin. And if you think Colbert would ever say anything even remotely on this level, you're a bigger shithead than I thought. This is hate speech.

As for who really cares, a lot of f-ing people really care. As she was alluding to in her joke (I think), Isaiah Washington has learned how many people really do care about using this deeply upsetting and hateful word. Hate. Speech.

I, for one, can't believe that she could possibly be this monumentally stupid. Oh well, I guess.

sorry if you are offended...but really...reality check...it doesn't matter what ann coulter says...you are making more out of her than necessary...and aye can't believe how many people are ignorant to think that she matters...you probably take howard stern seriously, too.

hate speech has come from the edwards camp for a while now...she just dishing back...

you are perhaps too sensitive to something that wasn't even directed toward you...plus she has the freedom of speech backing her.  

lighten up shorty.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007, 06:50:47 PM »
sorry if you are offended...but really...reality check...it doesn't matter what ann coulter says...you are making more out of her than necessary...and aye can't believe how many people are ignorant to think that it matters...

hate speech has come from the edwards camp for a while now...she just dishing back...

you are perhaps too sensitive to something that wasn't even directed toward you...plus she has the freedom of speech backing her. Wink

lighten up shorty.

It does matter. Of course it matters. If public figures using hate speech in political forums doesn't matter, then nothing matters. And then we're nihilists and our lives have no meaning, which, @#!* that.

And I call bull on the proposition that she's just responding to Edwards. I haven't seen anything in the news about him using slurs to describe people--or has he been doing that and our liberal left-wing press just hasn't chosen to report it?

The idea that Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a faggot doesn't affect me is itself an offensive idea. It affects everyone, regardless of political or sexual orientation.

Freedom of speech is irrelevant, which I guess is just how you roll, shorty.

Ugh.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »
This is probably a waste of time because I'm not going to convince you because you seem very idoctrinated.  The NAACP ran an ad depicting a chain being dragged behind a truck in the dirt whith a voice over talking about how "the then Texas Governor didnt support hate-crime legislation and it was like the person who was dragged was killed all over again."  Then Governor Bush had already signed the death warrant for the perps of that act.  The word faggot is undeiably hateful, so too is such slander and filth.  If you are too blind to see that these things are a two-way street, and you think Republicans are the only bigots and hate-mongers in this country, well then you are blinded by a pile of dogma so high that it has obstructed the view from your ivory tower.

the reality is that the coulter "shock pundit remarks" will die a quick death and nobody will care in a week or so...

people will question edwards strength as a leader however because of the attention drawn to this topic...aye am sure he hopes the story dies soon as well.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »
sorry if you are offended...but really...reality check...it doesn't matter what ann coulter says...you are making more out of her than necessary...and aye can't believe how many people are ignorant to think that it matters...

you are perhaps too sensitive to something that wasn't even directed toward you...plus she has the freedom of speech backing her. Wink

lighten up shorty.

It does matter. Of course it matters. If public figures using hate speech in political forums doesn't matter, then nothing matters. And then we're nihilists and our lives have no meaning, which, @#!* that.

And I call bull on the proposition that she's just responding to Edwards. I haven't seen anything in the news about him using slurs to describe people--or has he been doing that and our liberal left-wing press just hasn't chosen to report it?

The idea that Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a faggot doesn't affect me is itself an offensive idea. It affects everyone, regardless of political or sexual orientation.

Ugh.

freedom of speech is everything...better go crack some books...pooty.

and what you call hate speech is how many stand-up comics pay the bills...

coulter is a stand-up pundit...like bill mahr and dennis miller and colbert and stewart...they all in the same pundit shock jock crew...some are obviously more effective than others... ;)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »

lighten up shorty.

Ugh.

coulter is a stand-up pundit...like bill mahr and dennis miller and colbert and stewart...they all in the same pundit shock jock crew...some are obviously more effective than others... ;)

I know I've said this already, but for the record:

The government should not ban hate speech. Private citizens should try their damnedest to root it out at every level of society. Thus, since I'm not talking about trying to make the government ban Ann Coulter, saying that she has "freedom of speech" on her side is, in fact, completely irrelevant. Of course she's allowed to call John Edwards a faggot. But she shouldn't.

Likewise, the stand-up comedy "argument" you're trying to make is irrelevant, because Ann Coulter is not a stand-up comedian. Moreover, I can find stand-up comedians who call people faggots to be offensive.

Calling Coulter a "stand-up pundit" is inventing a term, and unfairly conflating her with Colbert, Stewart, etc. Like I said, there is no way in hell Colbert is ever going to let the word "faggot" or its equivalent pass his lips in a public setting. And neither would any of the others you mentioned. It's disingenuous to shrug this sort of behavior off by saying that Ann Coulter just wants to get a rise out of me.

Also, cut it out with the f-ing winks.
This sig kills fascists.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2007, 11:06:26 PM »

lighten up shorty.

Ugh.

I know I've said this already, but for the record:

The government should not ban hate speech. Private citizens should try their damnedest to root it out at every level of society. Thus, since I'm not talking about trying to make the government ban Ann Coulter, saying that she has "freedom of speech" on her side is, in fact, completely irrelevant. Of course she's allowed to call John Edwards a faggot. But she shouldn't.

Likewise, the stand-up comedy "argument" you're trying to make is irrelevant, because Ann Coulter is not a stand-up comedian. Moreover, I can find stand-up comedians who call people faggots to be offensive.

Calling Coulter a "stand-up pundit" is inventing a term, and unfairly conflating her with Colbert, Stewart, etc. Like I said, there is no way in hell Colbert is ever going to let the word "faggot" or its equivalent pass his lips in a public setting. And neither would any of the others you mentioned. It's disingenuous to shrug this sort of behavior off by saying that Ann Coulter just wants to get a rise out of me.

Also, cut it out with the f-ing winks.

that was funny watching you work yourself up there into a dither...

she wanted to get a rise out of you and take a dig at john edwards bigot ex-employees...looks like she is o.t. and believes eye for eye???  ;)

by the way, if you don't mind me...the tone of your posts feel a bit dreary...also...why so uptight??  sounds like sombody needs a little release...if ya know whadayemean. ;)