Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Michigan  (Read 859 times)

tdice7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Waitlisted at Michigan
« on: March 02, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »
I'm shocked, I thought I was going to get dinged. They say their waitlist is small, so i feel like I have an outside chance. FWIW my numbers are 3.2, 169 LSAT.
Touchdown (Accepted): Miami, Tulane, U. of Cincinatti, Indiana, Ohio State, Wake Forest, Emory, Arizona, Wisconsin, Washington U.in SL, Illinois,
Stopped For No Gain (WL): Vanderbilt, Michigan, Virginia, USC,
Sacked (Rejected): Boston College, Texas,
First and ten (waiting):

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:11 PM »
I'm shocked, I thought I was going to get dinged. They say their waitlist is small, so i feel like I have an outside chance. FWIW my numbers are 3.2, 169 LSAT.

they say it's small, but LSN has 92 Waitlisters and that probably is only a small percent of the total. that said, i'm sure only a fraction will decide to stay on the list as many are into places of similar stature.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Portrait of a Poetess"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:21:01 AM »
tag. i hope people will update this as they get accepted off the waitlist!

it'll be tough for me to decide to go to michigan if i'm accepted after june, i think, since there's nothing so strong about michigan that makes me think i'd choose it over my other options (namely northwestern and cornell), and i'm ready for my cycle to be OVER.

how are other waitlisted people feeling?
Flight of the Conchords

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11067696

Northwestern 2010.

deedeeleigh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
I still haven't sent back the letter to keep me on the waitlist. I can't imagine going to Michigan, with guaranteed no merit-based grants (and they seem to be stingy this year with  need-based as well), and not knowing about it till June. I'm contemplating staying on the WL just to see if I could get in though.

Hakuna matata

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »
tag. i hope people will update this as they get accepted off the waitlist!

it'll be tough for me to decide to go to michigan if i'm accepted after june, i think, since there's nothing so strong about michigan that makes me think i'd choose it over my other options (namely northwestern and cornell), and i'm ready for my cycle to be OVER.

how are other waitlisted people feeling?

So you would you choose Cornell over Michigan?  I've been getting the impression from this discussion board that Michigan is much better than Cornell but I personally don't know what the appeal is.  I'm probably going to stay on the waitlist just to see what happens though.

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:17:22 PM »
WL yesterday. I'll stay on it because it's one of my top choices.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack