Law School Discussion

EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW

burn

Re: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2007, 10:38:16 AM »
i got an email a week ago saying to login to myweb and accept or decline a federal Stafford loan offer but i don't see that option here. Has anyone set up loans for Fall like this?

burn

« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »
yeah that's what i did, there was no award. it does show my fafsa recieved.  i'll call i guess

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »
yeah that's what i did, there was no award. it does show my fafsa recieved.  i'll call i guess

Yeah, I would call; as Matthies described, that is what I did to accept my award.

Ellis

« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »
Matthies, I am going to come over to meet you tonight if you are going to be in class.  Make sure you have a cigarette, so I can identify you.  I wouldn't want to walk up and start asking everyone who they are. 

nfire1

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »
In case yall don't know, there's a facebook group for admitted students for DU '10.  Check here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2365615535&ref=mf

-Nick

Ellis

« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »
What is facebook?  Matt, I really enjoyed you guys last night.  We discussed our plans to come hang out with you guys every T/Th. 

« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2007, 04:00:15 AM »
Civil Procedure, Lucy A. Marsh

Contracts, Celia R. Taylor

Lawyering Process I, Tanya K. Brown

Torts, Catherine E. Smith

Thoughts?  My immediate reaction is a very pleasant surprise; they're all female! 

If by pleasant suprise you mean easy. . .you got it all wrong.  Marsh, Taylor, & Smith are notorious for being very hard.  AS Matthies said Marsh wins the bloody hatchet award every year.  Taylor is nominated every year.

Marsh - gives 3 or 4 exams throughout the semester.  People had her for property last semester and either loved or hated her.   She makes you use her dad's 4 color method.  She is just a really old lady stuck in her ways.  Rants about how she hates laptops, gives out "demerits", and if you ask her to repeat the question you have to close your laptop for 2 weeks.  I believe Cesco had her. . .might want to ask her for more details.

Taylor - She is a tough cookie.  A very very good professor but scary.  She can spot someone surfing the internet & will come at you with hard questions.  Last semester, she gave a midterm & final.  No long BS fact pattern & pretty straight forward.  Everyone goes to Taylor's class prepared.  I had her for contracts last semester. . .I was terrified of her but looked forward to her classes.  She was one of my favorite professors last year.

Brown - don't know about her

Smith - Are you in SI?  Your TA had her last semester I believe.  Anyhow, I hear she's tough.  For the longest time, I thought she was a student at the law school.  Ha.

Faculty evaluations (from students) can be found here http://www.law.du.edu/evaluations/results/
Email Lauri at lkraus@law.du.edu for the password.  I have it but would rather not post it on a public message board.

In case yall don't know, there's a facebook group for admitted students for DU '10.  Check here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2365615535&ref=mf

-Nick

Should have made it for incoming class 07 or something . . .class of '10 could also include evening 2Ls.

What is facebook?  Matt, I really enjoyed you guys last night.  We discussed our plans to come hang out with you guys every T/Th. 

Facebook = myspace  www.facebook.com to register  It used to be restricted to students but now it's open to the public

Ok well I hope everyone is having a fun, relaxing summer.  My plans for London got cancelled today (due to obvious reasons) so I just wanted to drop by and say hi.  :)

BJC

« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2007, 04:21:16 PM »
Hey Ellis!

I've been reading your posts online on the DU page and am intrigued....I'm doing FT at DU this fall, and my husband is based at Peterson.  We're living in Castle Rock and are going to give the commute a try.  While he's driving, I'll be studying :)

Where's your husband based at?  What's your master's in?

-BJC

nfire1

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »
Hey Matthies and somany-

I have these profs:

Scales, Taylor, Rogers, & Cai

You guys had these professors before?  You said that Taylor was tough, but that's alright with me!  What about the others?

Thanks!

-Nick

Ellis

« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »
My husband is stationed at Fort Carson.  How far is Castle Rock from Denver?  I will be living on Fort Carson, which is about 70 miles from Denver.  There is a bus/shuttle equipped with WiFi, that goes from Colorado Springs to Denver, with some stops in between, ie.. Castle Rock, Monument, Fountain, etc...  I will be studying on the ride there too.  My Master's is in Human Resource Development.  I am interested in a number of aspects of the law such as Labor law, tax law, and most recently International Law.  Are you in CO already?

Hey Ellis!

I've been reading your posts online on the DU page and am intrigued....I'm doing FT at DU this fall, and my husband is based at Peterson.  We're living in Castle Rock and are going to give the commute a try.  While he's driving, I'll be studying :)

Where's your husband based at?  What's your master's in?

-BJC