Law School Discussion

EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW

SMO

• View Profile
Re: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
Ok thanks for the info! I appreciate it! Well have a great time in Europe, that sounds so exciting!

Ellis

« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
I have been bored out of my mind, which makes me spend money.  I have lugged two suitcases from the lightrail to the dorm, rode the 24 bus to the 3 bus going the wrong way, trying to find Target.  I turned around the right way, shopped in Target, got back on the 3 bus, but missed the 24.  Found a 24 bus, chased after it, before making it back in 1 piece.  That was all yesterday.  Today was much better though.  I actually learned how to  read the bus schedule and went to the mall.  I am at the library now, getting ready to read the assignment.  Good luck and have fun in Europe, SOMANYQUESTIONS.  SMO, I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  We can't access the internet in the dorms without userids and passwords, so I have to come to the library to check the posts.  So, if you guys want to talk, you have my number.  I will probably catch a movie tomorrow, so if there are any takers, let me know.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2007, 08:06:24 PM »
 I LOVE DU!!

Ellis

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »
I love it here too.  I just got your post Matthies, otherwise, I would have come out to meet you tonight.  So far I have learned what kind of environment I need to study productively, and that I am pretty good at writing grammar and punctuation.  In my reading, I have also learned how to take notes in preparation for a good outline, and what a good law student should expect to know upon graduation.  Hey Matthies, are you involved in any student organizations?  Would you recommend it?

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »
Yeah we are learning a lot. Covering a lot of different parts of the profession and what to expect in law school. I'm really enjoying it and I think everyone is so cool and diverse in their own way. I am surprised there are only 11 of us, but I love the small group thing. I'm also really enjoying the Remy book, b/c I think it is really great to read about what we should expect in the first year, in such detail. Anyway, I LOVE DU! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Ellis

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »
Its called "Succeeding in Law School" by Herbert Remy.  It is a very easy read.  I am enjoying it too.  Thanks for the advice on stud orgs. 

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »
I was just looking online at webCentral and realized that my schedule is up.  Here it is, any experience with these professors would be greatly appreciated.

Lawyering Process I, Timothy Hurley
Torts, Arthur Best
Civil Procedure, Robert Hardaway

See you all soon!

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
Did you say your are part time or full time? Also, do you have class every day if you are in the full time program?

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2007, 09:30:18 PM »
I am in the evening division, so my classes are Monday-Thursday evenings.  Here is some more info on the times of my classes.

Lawyering Process I, Timothy Hurley; 6-7:15pm Monday, Wednesday
Torts, Arthur Best, 7:30-8:40; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Civil Procedure, Robert Hardaway; 5:40-7:20, Tuesday, Thursday

I assume day classes are Monday-Friday, but I could be wrong about that.  I am sure Matthis would know for sure. 

This schedule seems very manageable, I plan to study like it's a full-time job and go to class in the evenings.  Hopefully I can get some free time on the weekends that way. 

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »
I was just looking online at webCentral and realized that my schedule is up.  Here it is, any experience with these professors would be greatly appreciated.

Lawyering Process I, Timothy Hurley
Torts, Arthur Best
Civil Procedure, Robert Hardaway

See you all soon!

I was also just registered for these classes.