Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW  (Read 33409 times)

Re: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2007, 02:29:45 PM »
I also got the phamplet from u of denver....don't think I am going to do it..

Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the one student failed, I knew he had family emergencies, I think I referred to one who actually was accepted, and didn't do well the first year.  He didn't fail or anything, he just isn't doing as well as the other SI students from last year.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments.  This really is a great forum.
Accepted: Denver, FL Coastal
Waitlisted: Wyoming

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2007, 04:15:38 PM »
I donít very often disagree with Somanyquestions, but I really liked summer prep (however it was free then). I met some of my best friends ands study partners there. It was nice to have friends already made by the time classes started. However, she is right in that AAP teaches everything you need to know once classes start.   

I agree. . .I think the summer prep program & orientation is really important.  The information is good but more important is meeting people.  Most of the people I hang out/study with are those that I met at SI, orientation, or sat next to me in class.  I liked the summer prep program too. . .it just sucks they are charging for it this year.  If you want to meet people & think it'll help you going in, do it. . .I just wouldn't pay $300 for it is all.
3L @ University of Denver

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the one student failed, I knew he had family emergencies, I think I referred to one who actually was accepted, and didn't do well the first year.  He didn't fail or anything, he just isn't doing as well as the other SI students from last year.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments.  This really is a great forum.

Nobody's failed out yet. . .I know a couple people (SI & regular accept) that are borderline/AP.

One more thing before I quit rambling for the day.  NOBODY besides the people in SI (& maybe a few admin) will EVER know that you were in SI nor will they care.  Once school starts your LSAT, GPA, and how you were admitted become meaningless.

Ok now go out & enjoy your freedom while you've got it. . .some of us are stuck in an office all day.  :-(

Cube Farmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2007, 05:18:53 PM »
Thanks for the info. I do not think I am going to do it, but the AAP program sounds like a great idea. I am such an extrovert, I'll talk to people when I start. Plus, I will not have much of a personal life working full-time and going to school in the evening (and then studying all weekend), so I might as well realx now.
In: Texas Tech ($), Tulsa ($$$); South Texas ($); Baylor; SMU
Waitlist: Oklahoma; Houston; Denver
Rejection: Texas; Georgetown; Harvard; Colorado; Northwestern; ASU;

Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »
I spoke with Wende yesterday and she says that as of right now we can come on Sunday, but she is still working on Saturday.  My flight is already booked for Sunday  morning.  I fly in at about 10am.  Does the bus or train come from there to the school area? 

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2007, 11:43:51 AM »
I spoke with Wende yesterday and she says that as of right now we can come on Sunday, but she is still working on Saturday.  My flight is already booked for Sunday  morning.  I fly in at about 10am.  Does the bus or train come from there to the school area? 

You can always take the Super Shuttle or Sky Ride.
http://www.supershuttle.com/
http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/

You all must be so excited/anxious!!  I can't believe it's already been a year since. . .

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2007, 12:22:49 PM »

You can always take the Super Shuttle or Sky Ride.
http://www.supershuttle.com/
http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/

You all must be so excited/anxious!!  I can't believe it's already been a year since. . .
Right on.  When I visited, I took the sky ride ($6, I think) to a light rail stop and the train to campus.  There are two different routes that accomplish this and your selection will depend on timing of when your flight comes in v. bus leaving.
Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)

s9120aa

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
Ellis: Please let me know if you hear back from Wende about Saturday. I haven't booked my flight yet and was aiming for arriving Saturday. I wanted to spend a day to look around the campus.

Others in summer program: When are you all coming?

Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2007, 10:10:02 PM »
Okay, great. Steve, the longer you wait to book, the more you are going to pay.  I want to go Saturday too, so I may change my flight and just get a hotel.  But then again, if we do it all before SI starts, what will we do after class lets out.  We can't study all day and all night.