Law School Discussion

EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW

Re: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2007, 11:54:31 AM »
i have to admit i haven't read all through this thread, nor do i know a whole lot about DU Law.

but- i've lived in denver for a significant amount of time.  if anyone has questions about life in the city/metro area, shoot.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2007, 12:22:08 PM »
Well I am really considering PT now. I like the idea of taking it a little slower and not so cut throat. I don't know, it is a hard decision. Ellis, what kind of computer did you buy?

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »
Oh and Matthis, didn't you say you are in the PT program? How many nights a week do you have class??

Ellis

« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
I bought the one recommended on the site.  Dell Latitude D620.  I wish I hadn't bought it so early, cuz now I'm addicted to chatting with you guys.

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Oh and Matthis, didn't you say you are in the PT program? How many nights a week do you have class??

M-TH, my 1L year is was 6PM-9:15 PM, we never have Friday night classes.

Day students had Friday classes.  :(
But no Friday classes for me this fall! :)

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56:10 AM »
So, working full-time and going to class M-Th 6-9 or so, will I have any personal time on the weekends? I recognize this is a broad statement, but do people in the evening division usually study till midnight every night and all weekend?

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
That is a good point. We all have to figure out how long it will take us to "get" this stuff.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
Ellis, so are you full time or part time??

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2007, 08:07:40 AM »
It is nice to hear all the positive comments about the evening division, I am very excited to start.  I finally got my living situation figured out, and will be moving in about 3 weeks.  I am living south of the city, and will ride the light rail to class. 

Are there specific grades that an evening division student must have to register for more credits to get through in 3 years?  I know one of you said that you just speak with the dean, but will the dean ever deny the request?

Ellis

« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2007, 08:32:35 AM »
I am full time.  There is no way I can work and do school.  I tried that with my Master's, and almost got fired for doing my school work at work.  But I was so intent on making straight A's, that I cared less about the job.  I am trying everything the hard way first and then switch up if it gets to be to much.  My husband is suppose to deploy soon, so when that happens, I will reconsider which program to do, and if I need to change living arrangements to minimize the commute.