Law School Discussion

EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW

Re: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »
Okay, great. Steve, the longer you wait to book, the more you are going to pay.  I want to go Saturday too, so I may change my flight and just get a hotel.  But then again, if we do it all before SI starts, what will we do after class lets out.  We can't study all day and all night.

You are a wise wise human being Ellis.  You HAVE TO take time out and do something fun.  Are classes from 9am - noon again this year?  If so, you'll have plenty of time to look around campus (takes about an hour MAX - campus is small) & Denver.  Even with studying/exams/memos, you'll have time to get out.  You have to otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy.  Last year we stayed at Centinnial Hall & the light rail wasn't open so the TV lounge was our refuge.  Luckily, one of the guys had a car so he drove us around sometimes (movies, bars, etc).  There are some things around campus but you guys have the light rail so take advantage.

If I wasn't leaving for my study abroad program on Saturday, I would have loved to meet ya'll & grab a drink/give you my binder from last year.  In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2007, 10:34:16 AM »
Seems like you are all soon. Since I live here I don't have to worry about traveling, that makes it nice. I am getting excited and nervous. But I guess we have until the 25...so one more week of "stress free life" for a while. Can't wait to meet you all!!

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »
Seems like you are all soon. Since I live here I don't have to worry about traveling, that makes it nice. I am getting excited and nervous. But I guess we have until the 25...so one more week of "stress free life" for a while. Can't wait to meet you all!!

If you ant to do something in the meantime, I would recommend skimming though a book called 1000 Days to the Bar, it’s a law school prep book, but I found some of the advice, especially about time management to be pure gold. They have it at the DU bookstore I think. It was recommended to us in summer prep. 

http://www.amazon.com/1000-Days-Bar-Practice-personal/dp/0837737265/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-6132053-9898261?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182015691&sr=8-1

Also post on my cat thread: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,87481.0/topicseen.html

Hahaha I love your cat thread!!   ;D

Ellis

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »
Class starts on Monday 25th, and is from 9-12pm. So when are we getting together to meet?  Are we waiting til Monday morning, or in the dorms on Sunday?  SMO, how far do you live from campus?  SOMANY?, I was looking forward to meeting you.  Where are you going to study abroad?  Do we have anyone who wants to hit the gym?  I am trying to be fit and fine by the time fall classes start.

« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2007, 03:08:15 PM »
I thought the syllabus mentioned the first session being 5-8pm on Monday (25th). At least that's what I think it said, I have to double check.

« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2007, 03:56:37 PM »
I thought the syllabus mentioned the first session being 5-8pm on Monday (25th). At least that's what I think it said, I have to double check.

I don't know what they're doing this year but last year there was a dinner/meet & greet on the first day.  I assume that's what the Monday event will be.  Dress nicely (like you're going to church) & have a 2 min intro ready. :)

Class starts on Monday 25th, and is from 9-12pm. So when are we getting together to meet?  Are we waiting til Monday morning, or in the dorms on Sunday?  SMO, how far do you live from campus?  SOMANY?, I was looking forward to meeting you.  Where are you going to study abroad?  Do we have anyone who wants to hit the gym?  I am trying to be fit and fine by the time fall classes start.

I know!  I'm going to Europe for 7 weeks.  My internship's been fun but damn, I can't wait to take off for Europe!

Be ready to pay about $40 for the gym.  Last year it wasn't free.

Ellis

« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »
You guys are absolutely correct about the 5-8pm.  My mind is already gone.  $40?  That sucks.  Is that $40 for the year, or what?  I can do for the whole year.  Do you work out?

« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »
You guys are absolutely correct about the 5-8pm.  My mind is already gone.  $40?  That sucks.  Is that $40 for the year, or what?  I can do for the whole year.  Do you work out?

$40 for the time we were there.  Maybe they won't charge you this year since they're charging you for the rooms.  Once you're a student, it's included in the fees. . .it's a really nice gym.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2007, 10:09:25 AM »
I work out. Love it. I think I could be addicted. Yeah, a week from today we have the "orientation" from 5-8 pm. So we need to wear dress clothes? Good to know!! I love dressing up. I prefer it actually.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »
Have any of you thought about just living on campus?