Law School Discussion

EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EVERYTHING on DENVER STURM LAW
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
Are any of you on scholarships at DU? Or are mostly using loans to pay for tuition?

Looks like I will be taking loans for the first year...eeek....Maybe I can get something for the second year.

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »
loans for me as well :o

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2007, 08:35:24 PM »
Just got back from Denver and it looks beautiful! Everything is green and the people are awesome. The whole point of the trip was to find housing, and this was done very easily within the first day. Although I'm living about 15 min/5 miles away, the place I am living at is really quiet and I think will be pretty awesome. In fact, every place I looked at was really nice; much better than the shi*holes I am used to in LA.
Anyways, just wanted to let people know that beginning July 15th I will be a Colorado resident and would gladly buy the first round for my fellow DU 1L's.

Lates

burn

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2007, 08:31:20 AM »
yeah i'll also be getting loans. i guess according to the financial aid schedule they sent me there's still a chance i could get something from the school but i doubt it

kyle: i'll take you up on that beer!

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2007, 01:33:26 AM »
I'm living a little northwest of the school on Florida ave. Mapquest says 5 miles to campus but its about 15 min driving time. It was suprising how cheap good apartments were compared to LA. I think I got into a really nice place.

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »

I have a few questions:

1.  Does anyone have any experience with the summer prep course for entering 1Ls?
    (ie. is it worth the money/time?)

2.  I was told that law students get a free light rail pass, when does the school distribute these?

I am planning to secure an apartment next week while visiting, and I hope to be moved in by mid-July.  If possible I would like to get the light rail pass before classes start.

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2007, 01:22:02 PM »
I'm getting nervous, the Summer Institute starts up soon....

SMO

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2007, 03:35:01 PM »
Summer classes? Wow, so you will graduate early then I assume?

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »
Hey Matthies,

So what is your schedule like taking a class and working during the summer?  I think I am going to try and take summer classes and transfer the to the full-time program for 2L.  I would like to graduate in 3 years if possible, and the people I spoke with in admissions said it was possible. 

If you do not mind me asking, what kind of internship do you have this summer?

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2007, 09:55:46 PM »
Wow...that does sound like a once in a lifetime case.  Congrats on getting yourself in on that!!  I am sure that you are getting some amazing experience.

Good to know about the part-time, seems like after 1L there is really not that much of a difference between the 2 divisions. 

Thanks for the info, and good luck with the case you are working on.