Law School Discussion

Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »
::rolls eyes::

::winks right eye::

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2007, 08:24:58 AM »
There are plenty of applicants that do not post their LSAT scores, not just blacks.  When I first got on LSN, I had my numbers posted but no additional information.  I kept getting emails from people on that site asking me questions that would not support my anonymity.  From there, I first removed my GPA and left my LSAT and then I took my LSAT off because I still got those emails. 

Additionally, questions like these should be posted in the BLSD portion of this site and not under Affirmative Action.  What are you trying to infer?

You mean imply?

I said infer and I meant infer.  I know what imply means and that is not the term I wanted to use.  I was honestly seeking an answer for the OP because I think the topic is intersting.  There was nothing accusatory in that sentence.

OK - I wasn't trying to infer that you were being accusatory --  ;D

LOL

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2007, 08:48:48 AM »
There are plenty of applicants that do not post their LSAT scores, not just blacks.  When I first got on LSN, I had my numbers posted but no additional information.  I kept getting emails from people on that site asking me questions that would not support my anonymity.  From there, I first removed my GPA and left my LSAT and then I took my LSAT off because I still got those emails. 

Additionally, questions like these should be posted in the BLSD portion of this site and not under Affirmative Action.  What are you trying to infer?

You mean imply?

I said infer and I meant infer.  I know what imply means and that is not the term I wanted to use.  I was honestly seeking an answer for the OP because I think the topic is intersting.  There was nothing accusatory in that sentence.

LOL

Sorry for the hi-jack, but is anybody really taking the OP seriously here? I mean, if he/she wants to do grad level research and publish on this, asking around here is a really stupid way to start. Nothing good can come of it. Law-dawg, he/she was clearly implying something about an inference he/she has made in the past - and I'll venture to guess that there's probably a little bit of hostility behind the "scientific" and "objective" inquiry he/she has ventured into. That's pure speculation, but hey, I'm not pretending it's scientific research either.

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »

You mean imply?

LOL

Sorry for the hi-jack, but is anybody really taking the OP seriously here? I mean, if he/she wants to do grad level research and publish on this, asking around here is a really stupid way to start. Nothing good can come of it. Law-dawg, he/she was clearly implying something about an inference he/she has made in the past - and I'll venture to guess that there's probably a little bit of hostility behind the "scientific" and "objective" inquiry he/she has ventured into. That's pure speculation, but hey, I'm not pretending it's scientific research either.

Leo...I was trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt. Of course I have my own opinions. ;)LSN is a self-report site and really is not a reliable data base source. I just wanted to entertain the subject by allowing the OP to give his/her synopsis of why black applicants do not post their LSAT scores and state the relevance of said issue.

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »

You mean imply?

LOL

Leo...I was trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt. Of course I have my own opinions. ;)LSN is a self-report site and really is not a reliable data base source. I just wanted to entertain the subject by allowing the OP to give his/her synopsis of why black applicants do not post their LSAT scores and state the relevance of said issue.

I'm not sure if/why/how it's relevant. They don't have to report race/numbers/anything accurately. It's not a secure source nor is it verifiable. Plus, working out how to isolate all of the motivations involved is nearly impossible. I mean, most ppl don't put "black" on the thing anyway - they say URM. Also, what is "black?" Is a Kenyan immigrant the same as a fourth generation american? Is an afr. amer. from NYC at all comparable for research purposes to an afr. amer. from mississippi? I don't know . . .it seems everybody is an individual and isolating race as a motivation for anything based on a completely unverifiable correlation in numbers on a site that doesn't represent a good sample EVEN IF everyone were telling the truth is just ridic.