Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?  (Read 16010 times)

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2007, 07:34:43 AM »
Wow!!! I was going to say tag, but then the thread got hijacked as I was cathcing up. Then as I read Nat said everythign I wanted to say a lot more beautifully than I would have said it, but I did have a few more points that I wanted to state. And lastly, I dont even know that you all were just talkin bout. I caught the Chopin, but the Gibbers and Cream lAdy!?!?!or whatever! Am I an idiot if I like to read Business books and listen to Jay-Z or Fall Out Boys?

Who invited you?

The door was kind of open and I let myself in.
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »
I prefer Gibbons's lighter touch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-67jqjD8-fw

I tried to get tickets to his recent recital at Carnegie Hall but it was out of Mr. Stafford Loan's league.

By the way A&P if you haven't already heard this I'd recommend it:

http://www.amazon.com/Busoni-Piano-Concerto-Op-39/dp/B000038I6D/

I've never listened to Busoni, but perhaps I'll check it out.  So masculinist this one sounds, though.  And I thought we already clarified that A doesn't like Hamelin? ;)

Wow!!! I was going to say tag, but then the thread got hijacked as I was cathcing up. Then as I read Nat said everythign I wanted to say a lot more beautifully than I would have said it, but I did have a few more points that I wanted to state. And lastly, I dont even know that you all were just talkin bout. I caught the Chopin, but the Gibbers and Cream lAdy!?!?!or whatever! Am I an idiot if I like to read Business books and listen to Jay-Z or Fall Out Boys?

Who invited you?

The door was kind of open and I let myself in.

Never mind him, Chibundu.  We were being rude.  But I believe in this case that the hijack was purposeful.  The thread should, by all rights, be dead.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »
I've never listened to Busoni, but perhaps I'll check it out.  So masculinist this one sounds, though.  And I thought we already clarified that A doesn't like Hamelin? ;)

Masculine = good

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2007, 09:28:29 AM »
to answer OP...we have a much bigger chance of being outted due to our smaller numbers.  my reason anyway
The Tragicomic: Its embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace ones worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2007, 10:41:39 PM »
There are plenty of applicants that do not post their LSAT scores, not just blacks.  When I first got on LSN, I had my numbers posted but no additional information.  I kept getting emails from people on that site asking me questions that would not support my anonymity.  From there, I first removed my GPA and left my LSAT and then I took my LSAT off because I still got those emails. 

Additionally, questions like these should be posted in the BLSD portion of this site and not under Affirmative Action.  What are you trying to infer?
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

leostrauss

• Sr. Citizen
  • The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2007, 04:32:26 PM »
There are plenty of applicants that do not post their LSAT scores, not just blacks.  When I first got on LSN, I had my numbers posted but no additional information.  I kept getting emails from people on that site asking me questions that would not support my anonymity.  From there, I first removed my GPA and left my LSAT and then I took my LSAT off because I still got those emails. 

Additionally, questions like these should be posted in the BLSD portion of this site and not under Affirmative Action.  What are you trying to infer?

You mean imply?
no bloody or unbloody change of society can eradicate the evil in man: as long as there will be men, there will be malice, envy and hatred, and hence there cannot be a society which does not have to employ coercive restraint.

Leo Strauss, The City and Man, page 5

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »

You mean imply?

I said infer and I meant infer.  I know what imply means and that is not the term I wanted to use.  I was honestly seeking an answer for the OP because I think the topic is intersting.  There was nothing accusatory in that sentence.
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »

You mean imply?

I said infer and I meant infer.  I know what imply means and that is not the term I wanted to use.  I was honestly seeking an answer for the OP because I think the topic is intersting.  There was nothing accusatory in that sentence.

I think leo was confused because usually someone doesn't "try" to infer something.  He either does it, or he doesn't do it.  You can "try" to imply something because implication requires an audience, while making an inference is something one can do by himself.   
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

leostrauss

• Sr. Citizen
  • The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2007, 10:44:51 PM »

You mean imply?

OK - I wasn't trying to infer that you were being accusatory --  ;D
no bloody or unbloody change of society can eradicate the evil in man: as long as there will be men, there will be malice, envy and hatred, and hence there cannot be a society which does not have to employ coercive restraint.

Leo Strauss, The City and Man, page 5

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2007, 11:47:31 PM »
::rolls eyes::
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.