Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?  (Read 17006 times)

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
Re: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 09:45:04 PM »
I'm not sure how any of that is inconsistent. I admit that I am an ardent supporter of affirmative action. Affirmative action should be given to the poorest Americans who do not have the same benefits or resources as wealthy individuals. As I said before, I believe that judging people by their race is wrong and counterproductive. Many blacks feel that affirmative action is a negative albatross forcing others to wonder about their true ability. It is from this perspective that I set out to determine if this is a widespread feeling among black individuals.

Do you only intend to attack me? You have offered nothing to this discussion except to reinforce the idea that you have little in the way of persuasive argument for your beliefs. I know it is an unwritten rule that you must personally attack anyone who cast a critical eye on race-based admissions, but you might try persuading people to join your opinion rather than attacking those who disagree with you. Your current track makes it look as if your arguments are weak or nonexistent.

PS: I think it was wise of you Woman Wang to remove your earlier posts. There was no reason to be so vulgar.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »
Lord spare me from your drivel.

Your specialty last cycle was posting links to black applicants' LSN pages and saying "that's rediculous" [sic] if they were admitted to their reach schools.

Your momma didn't raise you right, boy.

And here you are now, back again, asking "Um, why don't teh blacks post their numbers?"  Hahaha.  You're a joke and I mean to make an example of you.

PS: I don't give two figs about your thoughts on affirmative action.

How exactly have you made an example of me? I think anyone reading your mean spirited posts would conclude that you don't do much more than attack posters who you disagree with. With respect to your postscript, how could it be that you don't "give two figs" about my thoughts on affirmative action when you have posted several comments on this thread specifically aimed at my thoughts? Clearly you do care about my thoughts.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 01:13:33 PM »
I'll answer the question! Why does it matter what their LSAT scores are to us? After suffering through the test, and talking to lawyers who didn't do well on their LSAT, I really don't believe the LSAT measures anything other than your mental pain threshold.

But if this is just another one of those "mine is bigger than yours contests", I don't have the right equipment to compete.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »
I'm kinda thirsty....

GOT HATERADE?

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »
I'll answer the question! Why does it matter what their LSAT scores are to us? After suffering through the test, and talking to lawyers who didn't do well on their LSAT, I really don't believe the LSAT measures anything other than your mental pain threshold.

But if this is just another one of those "mine is bigger than yours contests", I don't have the right equipment to compete.

Even if we agreed that the LSAT measured nothing, such a conclusion would be totally irrelevant. Unfortunately for applicants, law schools reject and accept most non-URM applicants based almost solely on their LSAT.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »
Are you a member of an admissions committee segundo? Are you a law school administration official?

To be more specific, I personally don't see the relevance of anyone's LSAT score to other prelaw and law school students unless, A)This was a thread discussing methods or strategies to improve one's performance or B)This was a discussion about where to direct one's law school search in relation to one's LSAT scores. This was a random thread posted inside AA, directly pertaining to this specific discussion forum, "Law School Discussion: Pre-Law Discussion", hereafter referred to as "Forum". No other mention was made to other discussion forums outside Forum on this topic.

Are you still assessing the competition in March?

1LCorvo

• 25,000,754 Ways to Break A Person's Neck S.Segal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 02:22:18 PM »

probably to avoid harrassment from other students about their LSAT score and AA...i guess it didn't work

With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select: Greg Oden!

(the Trailblazers have been blessed from God)

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 02:26:24 PM »
Are you still assessing the competition in March?

Segundo's even more of a pathetic individual than that:  he's a 1L.

OMG, kill me now if that's my fate. I guess when you get to be my age (shakes walking stick from rocker), you have a better perspective on what's important in the grand scheme of professional life, even in the cutthroat world of law.

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »

probably to avoid harrassment from other students about their LSAT score and AA...i guess it didn't work

That's what segundo did last cycle, and that's what he did in his second post in this cycle.  He's the kind that scribbles the nasty messages on black applicants' LSN pages.

I can't imagine what he posts on xoxo.

1LCorvo

• 25,000,754 Ways to Break A Person's Neck S.Segal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:42 PM »

dude might be obsessed...just move on man its over
With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select: Greg Oden!

(the Trailblazers have been blessed from God)