Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?  (Read 16903 times)

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?
« on: March 01, 2007, 06:42:30 PM »
I don't understand why such a large number of black applicants create profiles on LSN without their LSAT score.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
Re: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:40:53 PM »
If this were a serious question, perhaps you would have done better to post this under the Black Law Students Discussion Board rather than the Affirmative Action one.  Because it seems to me like you may have made up your mind already and were really only speaking rhetorically, I shall not bother to answer.
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:46:51 PM »
Thanks Beatrice!   :)
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »
I really don't understand why that is the case. How can other minorities weigh their chances without an LSAT score to use as a reference?
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »
What a pathetic figure you are. A 1L and you're still obsessed with LSN. Loser.

Why are you so angry with me? Are you saying that anyone who posts things that you don't like is a loser? 
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »
tag, just to see how vitriolic this gets.
Yale.Law.School.2010

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »
whatthefuckever. female dog.

I am writing an article about this issue and I was trying to elicit some feedback. There is no need to post such hateful items. You seem very emotional about this issue and I don't think you are taking a mature approach in discussing it.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 03:07:29 PM »
I'm not emotional. I remember you, segundo you little punk. Your appeal to "maturity" made me laugh. Thanks for that.

You have called me a loser, a female dog, and a punk. It your goal to personally attack posters who disagree with you? Isn't the point of this board to foster discussion and debate?
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

leostrauss

• Sr. Citizen
  • The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »
Skin color has nothing to do with it. People hide their info for privacy/security reasons (privacy and security are color blind). Those two reasons have nothing to do with a person's skin color. A white person may want privacy, or a black person. Explain to me how the person's skin color results in their making this decision? I don't think it does. It's not as though my white skin is whispering in my ear "post your numbers" and someone else's skin of another pigment is whispering "don't do it"
…no bloody or unbloody change of society can eradicate the evil in man: as long as there will be men, there will be malice, envy and hatred, and hence there cannot be a society which does not have to employ coercive restraint.

– Leo Strauss, The City and Man, page 5

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
You have called me a loser, a female dog, and a punk. It your goal to personally attack posters who disagree with you? Isn't the point of this board to foster discussion and debate?

Yes.  The only future that this thread has is in the haterade.  Get a life, segundo.

I was hoping to illicit some serious responses. My paper examines the negative psychological impacts that affirmative action might have on minority applicants. I am trying to see if there is a shame or embarrassment element at play for minority applicants with respect to their concern for how their non-minority peers might judge their achievements. It is a serious issue among many blacks and LSN seemed like resource to examine if black applicants were less likely than white applicants to post their LSAT score.

I make no bones about my view that an applicant’s race should have no bearing on the determination of her fitness to study law. Furthermore, your tone represents a general hostility among proponents of AA who are unable to cogently articulate their point of view. You have labeled me a racist and called me inappropriate names, but my view is manifested in a rising tide that ushered in race-blind admissions in California, Florida, and (by a recent 60% majority) Michigan.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)