Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?  (Read 16251 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Why do so many black applicants not post their LSAT?
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2007, 05:59:47 PM »
I always just figured that the original question answered itself.

If you have to ask a question like this, well, there's your answer.

As I said earlier in the thread, this question was asked in order to shame black applicants for underperforming on the LSAT, not to reach the three obvious answers.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »
I'm more of a Du Bois gal myself, of course,

Not the Talented Tenth part, surely?

lol, no.  But you'd better believe this was a widely held notion at [former workplace].

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2007, 07:53:33 PM »
Just my $0.02...

Many (and dare I say, most) black law school applicants in this country, irrespective of whether they score a 175 or a 157 on the LSAT, would still inevitably find themselves waging an uphill battle in the fight against some other applicants' insecurities and disappointments.  

You are making a good point. No matter how wgood a minority applicants LSAT might be, she could still face unwarranted resentment from other applicants who wrongly believed she received preferential treatment because of race. Although that does raise another issue- it seems like there would be no reason to doubt the qualifications of any minority if admissions decisions did not consider race.

P.S. I donít think anyone should have to post anything they donít feel comfortable posting.  ;D

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2007, 01:09:05 AM »
Just my $0.02...

Many (and dare I say, most) black law school applicants in this country, irrespective of whether they score a 175 or a 157 on the LSAT, would still inevitably find themselves waging an uphill battle in the fight against some other applicants' insecurities and disappointments.  

You are making a good point. No matter how wgood a minority applicants LSAT might be, she could still face unwarranted resentment from other applicants who wrongly believed she received preferential treatment because of race. Although that does raise another issue- it seems like there would be no reason to doubt the qualifications of any minority if admissions decisions did not consider race.

P.S. I donít think anyone should have to post anything they donít feel comfortable posting.  ;D

Right! I mean there are no practical loopholes in admissions that allow academically unqualified whites into law school. You gotta respect that. When I see a white admit, I know they got in exclusively on their own with no help. I can't stand these minorities with their preferential treatment.
YLS c/o 2009

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:54 AM »
Good post, Nat.

Did you miss the second to last paragraph?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2007, 12:52:16 AM »
Good post, Nat.

Did you miss the second to last paragraph?

The best part, you mean?

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2007, 12:57:59 AM »
The best part, you mean?

I'm still surprised that an otherwise learned and discerning person can't see the weaknesses of those with whom she agrees. Then again, you are a bit of a brown nose.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2007, 01:02:46 AM »
The best part, you mean?

I'm still surprised that an otherwise learned and discerning person can't see the weaknesses of those with whom she agrees. Then again, you did go to Brown.

I think her second to last paragraph was great. You anti-aa people are just greedy.
YLS c/o 2009

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2007, 01:03:51 AM »
The best part, you mean?

I'm still surprised that an otherwise learned and discerning person can't see the weaknesses of those with whom she agrees. Then again, you did go to [P's college].

Believe me, Bb., I see plenty of NatNat's weaknesses. ;)

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2007, 01:06:25 AM »
You anti-aa people are just greedy.

I'm rather charitable actually. I donate my WP proceeds to the RNC.