Regular Waitlist- will stay
4 (13.8%)
Regular Waitlist - will WD
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

GULC Waitlist Rollcall

Re: GULC Waitlist Rollcall
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 04:07:04 AM »
So I got a preferred waitlist letter today. 
BUT, USPS is nice enough to TEAR it. And they put it in a different(clean) envelope with an apology note.

The problem is, the right bottom of the letter is gone...and I don't know if/how I'm supposed to confirm my interest of staying on the PWL. 

Could anyone kindly tell me how you do it?(or if I need to do so?)

Thanks!

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 04:50:06 PM »
Thanks DCB2006! Below is the text and "....." are the part I'm missing.

"The committee...... reviewed your application and has placed your name on our Preferred Waiting......

Applicants on the Preferred Waiting List are among those we would like to include in our first year class. These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available. Offers of admission to waiting list candidates may be made up until registration day in August.

Although the number varies from year to year, typically fifty places open for waiting list candidates, some as late as registration day. Should a decision to admit you be made earlier, however, we will contact you right away. Please be advised that applicants on the Preferred Waiting List are not ranked.

....realize that your circumstances may change in the coming months. An e-mail will be......ay asking you to reconfirm your interest and update your contact information......date us on any approaching deadlines you may be facing. If you do not.....lication remain under consideration, please e-mail us at...... On behalf of the Committee, we appreciate your patience and.........n."

Looks like an email is coming?hmmm

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »
Interesting!  So there are multiple versions of PWL letter.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to email the admission office.

Thanks for your help guys!

annita

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 05:14:07 AM »
What I don't understand is why Georgetown would even bother with different wording. I mean, it seems like they want to convince everyone whom they've waitlisted that they're competitive. I guess I can sort of understand having two, but having two different "preferred waitlist" letters seems both silly and impolitic.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 08:24:12 AM »
Tag. Still waiting for a decision on my end.  Good luck all.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 07:40:06 AM »
Preferred (not PPWL) here, unsure of whether the chances of getting in warrant staying on it, kinda disappointed...

Oh well, at least Cornell threw money at me.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »
Is there any precedent at all for people getting off the lowest tier of waitlists?  I never received any e-mail at all after my waitlist letter, but GULC really is an amazing place and I'm trying to do anything I can to get in...  Thanks for any advice/knowledge.

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 09:24:56 PM »
tag