Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I won't apologize for my style, but will reemphasize my message -- read on.  (Read 922 times)

TrueBeliever

• View Profile
    • Email
I may have been blunt, but felt that it needed to be in order to get into people's core.  I won't even address my detractors, while I thank my supporters.

Here is my point once again in a more genteel tone:

DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE GAME.  THE RANKING OF YOUR SCHOOL DOES NOT REFLECT YOUR VALUE AS A PERSON.  YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING WITH SOME TALENTS THAT WILL AFFORD YOU A COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE AND THUS  A VALUED PLACE IN SOCIETY.  LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.  BUT REMEMBER THAT ONLY YOU CAN DETERMINE YOUR VALUE AS A HUMAN BEING, NOT SOME SCORE, A GPA, SOME OTHER NUMBER, OR THE NAME BRAND OF YOUR SCHOOL.  AND ABOVE ALL, DON'T LOSE YOUR HUMANITY.  IF LAW SCHOOL WAS NOT MEANT TO BE, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU WERE MEANT FOR SOMETHING ELSE.  COMMON SENSE STUFF THIS ALL IS, BUT WE TEND TO LOSE IT IN THE "GAME" SOMETIMES. I  JUST THINK IT A PUBLIC SERVICE TO REINFORCE THIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN PEOPLE WHO MAY BE WORRIED, DISTRAUGHT, OR DEPRESSED WITHOUT TRUE WARRANT.  LIFE IS WONDERFUL, LIFE SHOULD BE APPRECIATED EVERY MINUTE, AND LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE BUMMED OUT AT ANY GIVEN TIME WHEN THAT TIME CAN BE USED TO BE HAPPY ABOUT SO MANY OTHER THINGS. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, FOLKS.   ;)

barry_schmotz

• View Profile
    • Email
Someone give him a cookie!!  And please move this crap to the hate forum.  Or garbage forum if there is one...

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Just to be clear - I'm not here to censure anyone.  I only moved that thread (the whole thread - not an objection to any particular message) because it deteriorated to an argument.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE GAME.  THE RANKING OF YOUR SCHOOL DOES NOT REFLECT YOUR VALUE AS A PERSON.  YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING WITH SOME TALENTS THAT WILL AFFORD YOU A COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE AND THUS  A VALUED PLACE IN SOCIETY.  LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.  BUT REMEMBER THAT ONLY YOU CAN DETERMINE YOUR VALUE AS A HUMAN BEING, NOT SOME SCORE, A GPA, SOME OTHER NUMBER, OR THE NAME BRAND OF YOUR SCHOOL.  AND ABOVE ALL, DON'T LOSE YOUR HUMANITY.  IF LAW SCHOOL WAS NOT MEANT TO BE, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU WERE MEANT FOR SOMETHING ELSE.  COMMON SENSE STUFF THIS ALL IS, BUT WE TEND TO LOSE IT IN THE "GAME" SOMETIMES. I  JUST THINK IT A PUBLIC SERVICE TO REINFORCE THIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN PEOPLE WHO MAY BE WORRIED, DISTRAUGHT, OR DEPRESSED WITHOUT TRUE WARRANT.  LIFE IS WONDERFUL, LIFE SHOULD BE APPRECIATED EVERY MINUTE, AND LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE BUMMED OUT AT ANY GIVEN TIME WHEN THAT TIME CAN BE USED TO BE HAPPY ABOUT SO MANY OTHER THINGS. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, FOLKS.   ;)

By the way, which law school did you drop out of? 

bobfett33

uh-oh, time to move the thread again (I don't mind it when you do this, Andrew, I like the idea of a no-holds-barred section of the site)