Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory question  (Read 1215 times)

leebean

• View Profile
Emory question
« on: March 01, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »
So all of a sudden today the admitted students link actually worked for me on the Emory website (i.e. the OPUS system produced a password and login with my name) this has never happened before during this process. Has this happened to anyone else, is this a good thing? Does it mean I've been accepted? The only reason I'm freaked out is bc my numbers are below emory's (3.6/159). If anyone can give any insite to this it would be appreciated.

applicant 23

• View Profile
Re: Emory question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »
Same thing for me.  Does anyone that's been denied/wl-ed want to try to log in to test the theory?

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »
Let me try, I got waitlisted by 'em, still shocked but I'll be glad to help calm some of my fellow LSD'ers...will update in a few
Washington University School of Law 2010

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »
Got an error message, guess you guyz can break out the champagne... >:(
Washington University School of Law 2010

applicant 23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »
LostSoul, thanks for taking one for the team!

As far as your situation goes, your numbers rock (as do your acceptances to W&L and Wake!).   8)

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 03:03:02 PM »
I was wailisted and was able to get a username and password today. I do get an error when I click on the link http://www.emory.edu/OPUS/access.html to access the actual site.  It says the page was not found.  Sounds like a server issue to me.  

applicant 23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:52 PM »
I was wailisted and was able to get a username and password today. I do get an error when I click on the link http://www.emory.edu/OPUS/access.html to access the actual site.  It says the page was not found.  Sounds like a server issue to me.  

Oh, okay.  In that case I'm not going to read anything into this.  Thanks!

Also, here's the link to access the actual site: https://psoftsa.cc.emory.edu/

EDIT: I followed the link to the "To Do" list and it said "Law Admission Office - Admissions Application Complete."  I guess this is just a status checker after all...

11th-hour

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 03:09:04 PM »
It's just a status checker, albeit a pretty complex one.  They have a FAQ on there if you look hard enough.  This is the first year they're posting admissions decisions online as well.

applicant 23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »
Poo on them for posting the link right underneath the paragraph addressed to admitted students!   ???

leebean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
Here is the thing though, as of yesterday when I tried to get a name and password it didn't work. Yet, all of a sudden today it works. This is where I'm confused. If this is a status checker why have I not been able to access it till today when we're at March 1? That just doesn't seem to make sense. Thanks for everyone whose tried this. I've called some friends who also applied and some who haven't heard were also able to get passwords and logins. Best of luck to everyone.