Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is So Awful About Cooley?  (Read 15750 times)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What is So Awful About Cooley?
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2007, 02:18:59 PM »
I withdrew NYU before they even got back to me (wasn't that interested after I started gettign real acceptances in Jan-Feb).
Among the lower t14 I went to the Columbia, Michigan, and Penn ASW.  Penn and Michigan, though ranked lower, didn't have the Columbia inferiority complex.

My CLS guide must have mentioned Harvard/Yale and how Columbia is just as good about 25 times.

If you really got into HY or S, you wouldn't have attended any other ASW's. 

Maybe he goes to Penn?

What are you, stupid? I went to Harvard, Penn, CLS, and NYU for ASWs. I almost went to Vandy and Duke, too, for the barbeque.

That said, I just think someone's acting like a big old a-hole and looking down on others to pump himself up. And for once, it's not Smails.

I just think it merits a little self-reflection.

(And I'd hate for Amar to self-google and find this sh*t, I guess.)

I'm not stupid, but apparently you are.  :-*

I was talking to Smails, not you.  And Smails (the fictional character) is clearly such a prestige whore that he would never have bothered to attend an ASW outside the top 5 (if he actually got into one).

Is Amar's self-image really this fragile?  Maybe he could change his name to something more mainstream.

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2007, 02:53:23 PM »
I can't get that jingle out of my head.  I am going to transfer to Cooley.

I'm kidding, of course.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2007, 03:19:17 PM »
I withdrew NYU before they even got back to me (wasn't that interested after I started gettign real acceptances in Jan-Feb).
Among the lower t14 I went to the Columbia, Michigan, and Penn ASW.  Penn and Michigan, though ranked lower, didn't have the Columbia inferiority complex.

My CLS guide must have mentioned Harvard/Yale and how Columbia is just as good about 25 times.

Maybe he goes to Penn?

What are you, stupid? I went to Harvard, Penn, CLS, and NYU for ASWs. I almost went to Vandy and Duke, too, for the barbeque.

That said, I just think someone's acting like a big old a-hole and looking down on others to pump himself up. And for once, it's not Smails.

I was talking to Smails, not you.  And Smails (the fictional character) is clearly such a prestige whore that he would never have bothered to attend an ASW outside the top 5 (if he actually got into one).

Is Amar's self-image really this fragile?  Maybe he could change his name to something more mainstream.

CLS is in the top five.

I just think it would be a nasty surprise for the good Professor.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »
 dashrashi, you are like a little puppy who just can't be house broken - annoying as f**k. I already said that I was joking and that I have friends who go to Cooley, so obviously I don't look down upon Cooley students. In reality, I don't even think Cooley is a bad law school, but the administration that runs it is inept. I think Cooley, academically speaking, is a decent law school, but the consistent stupid decisions made by the administration bring down its reputation so severely that many employers and prospective students think it's a terrible law school in every aspect.

So take your head out of your delusional a$$, please. Thank you.
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
dashrashi, you are like a little puppy who just can't be house broken - annoying as f**k. I already said that I was joking and that I have friends who go to Cooley, so obviously I don't look down upon Cooley students. In reality, I don't even think Cooley is a bad law school, but the administration that runs it is inept. I think Cooley, academically speaking, is a decent law school, but the consistent stupid decisions made by the administration bring down its reputation so severely that many employers and prospective students think it's a terrible law school in every aspect.

So take your head out of your delusional a$$, please. Thank you.

You can turn that filter off.

hth.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »

Maybe he goes to Penn?

CLS is in the top five.

I just think it would be a nasty surprise for the good Professor.

Of course CLS is in the top 5.  But Smails claimed to attend ASW's at lower-ranked schools like Penn.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
... you guys are all such nerds.  Sh*t.

See my post just above yours.
This sig kills fascists.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2007, 10:56:17 PM »
Cooley should probably change its name -- that would be as step in the right direction.

"Roger Williams" sounds far more prestigious, even though they're not much different.

Maybe they could take on the Henry Ford name and get some funding from the foundation?

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2007, 02:20:58 PM »
Sorry if someone has already talked about this, but I always wonder who Thomas Cooley is/was. That's just me.

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »

There he is. Now stop talking shizzle about his school.  :D