Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is So Awful About Cooley?  (Read 15479 times)

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is So Awful About Cooley?
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
For whatever the reason, the lower the schools is ranked, the more exacting the curve.
Here at Illinois, it's a 3.2/3.3 curve. At most T3/T4s, it's in the 2.7 range. I don't really get it, esp. when you only need 3.25 to graduate "cum laude" from here. Honors for the top 50% of the class? Honestly?

our curve at ualr is a 2.70.  3.25 for honors, 3.50 for high honors.

i would be happy to just have them fling my jd at me from a moving car

Rev - i could just be sleep deprived but that made me LOL...because I TOTALLY understand!

all this curve and honors talk and i'm thinking - yeah, they could email me a p'point as proof of graduation.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2007, 01:33:39 AM »
I really hate all the elitism and Cooley bashing in this thread, but that jingle really is f-ing hilarious.
Michigan '11

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »
http://www.cooley.edu/mediacenter/cooley.htm

You've got to sit through a video, but it's worth the pay off for a Cooley jingle...8)

Oh GAWD! I had to go through that THREE times until I was finally able to record the jingle. The first two times, my dad came in at the very end and asked me to help him with something. Each time!

This is going to be my new ring-tone. I'm also showing up to ASW next year with my Cooley-gear! Only, I hope it's not going to be at Cooley.

Also, I liked that one student's (ahem) boldly-unique name."Ebonee Avery". hehehe.

I feel I've been infected, somehow.

You recorded it and havent posted it here yet?!?!???!???!!!

Hizzla Pimp

• Sr. Citizen
  • U wanna come here and say that, beeyotch?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - harveyorbust
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »

You've got to sit through a video, but it's worth the pay off for a Cooley jingle...8)

Oh GAWD! I had to go through that THREE times until I was finally able to record the jingle. The first two times, my dad came in at the very end and asked me to help him with something. Each time!

This is going to be my new ring-tone. I'm also showing up to ASW next year with my Cooley-gear! Only, I hope it's not going to be at Cooley.

Also, I liked that one student's (ahem) boldly-unique name."Ebonee Avery". hehehe.

Are you saying that we can post files here?

I don't know how to do that, so here is the link to the file on Rapidshare instead.

Cooley Law School Jingle!

uwbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2007, 04:02:20 PM »

I don't know how to do that, so here is the link to the file on Rapidshare instead.

OMG! What big-hair band recorded that "masterpiece"?

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2007, 10:09:43 PM »

Lol.. its probably some really bad 80s hair-metal group.. Like Nelson, or Warrant (although I LOVE Cherry Pie! Lol!)
Waiting... :(

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2007, 02:12:30 PM »

Lol.. its probably some really bad 80s hair-metal group.. Like Nelson, or Warrant (although I LOVE Cherry Pie! Lol!)

I love cherry pie too.  ;)

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2007, 03:53:28 PM »

tytyty and props and the ogg convert

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2007, 12:35:30 PM »
This is why Cooley is the ultimate tagline for any and all law school related jokes:

1. roughly 50% bar passage rate for first-time takers
2. a total attrition rate that is higher than my combined SAT's
3. career prospects that are nonexistent for half of a graduating class (and if you're one of the lucky ones, congrats on that 50K/yr)
4. they really do accept anyone
5. their personal rankings are absolutely hilarious, sometimes i grab a bag of popcorn and just read what they say about themselves
6. i drive by one of their campuses everyday, and from the appearance of the students it looks like an Alcoholics Anonymous, Weight Watchers, and Bingo convention all rolled into one
7. there are so many more, but i will sign off by simply saying that law schools like Cooley taking away from the prestige often associated with the practice of law; they make it something for everyone when, in reality, it is not and their students (including those who pay first-year tuition then drop-out, as well as those who graduate with 100k in debt only to miraculously find a job paying 50k/year) are the evidence for that.
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
This is why Cooley is the ultimate tagline for any and all law school related jokes:

1. roughly 50% bar passage rate for first-time takers
2. a total attrition rate that is higher than my combined SAT's
3. career prospects that are nonexistent for half of a graduating class (and if you're one of the lucky ones, congrats on that 50K/yr)
4. they really do accept anyone
5. their personal rankings are absolutely hilarious, sometimes i grab a bag of popcorn and just read what they say about themselves
6. i drive by one of their campuses everyday, and from the appearance of the students it looks like an Alcoholics Anonymous, Weight Watchers, and Bingo convention all rolled into one
7. there are so many more, but i will sign off by simply saying that law schools like Cooley taking away from the prestige often associated with the practice of law; they make it something for everyone when, in reality, it is not and their students (including those who pay first-year tuition then drop-out, as well as those who graduate with 100k in debt only to miraculously find a job paying 50k/year) are the evidence for that.

what a groundbreaking post
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...