Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is So Awful About Cooley?  (Read 15476 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: What is So Awful About Cooley?
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »
tag
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2007, 06:02:34 PM »
We'll admit a dog or cat..
*somethin.. somethin* LSAT..
At Coo-ley Laha School.

C'mon pple.. I need some help with this one.. LOL
Lol.. We're beginning to sound like actual Cooley students.. I think its time for bed.. no more bad jingles for me tonight!

Hey Twinkybean... if you're so much better than a Cooley student, why won't you post your June LSAT score?  ;)
Michigan '11

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2007, 11:36:48 PM »
At Coo-ley Laha School.

Lol.. We're beginning to sound like actual Cooley students.. I think its time for bed.. no more bad jingles for me tonight!

Hey Twinkybean... if you're so much better than a Cooley student, why won't you post your June LSAT score?  ;)

Where did I claim to be better than anyone?.. ;)
Waiting... :(

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2007, 11:38:28 PM »
At Coo-ley Laha School.

Where did I claim to be better than anyone?.. ;)

Twinky's actually very modest.   ;)

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2007, 12:17:23 AM »
Can't we all get along?

Coincidentally, I just got off the phone with a friend who was supposed to take the June LSAT but postponed. He told me the school he's trying for is called Cooley (I bit my tongue!) and he needed a 163 because they give everyone with that LSAT and above a full tuition scholarship. It was so strange hearing Cooley referred to as someone's dream school when everything I've heard about it has been negative (though in all fairness everything I've heard about it has also come from LSD). Is this scholarship he's referring to what people are referring to as ridiculously hard to maintain? I don't want to burst his bubble but I'm wondering if I should mention some of the things i've heard about Cooley.

Cooley is the most difficult law school in the country.  Its cutthroat as hell, and they weed people out and take their scholarship money, as well as kick them out of school if they arent in the top X%

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2007, 12:19:48 AM »
My dear future lawyers, can't we all just get along?  :P

Coincidentally, I just got off the phone with a friend who was supposed to take the June LSAT but postponed. He told me the school he's trying for is called Cooley (I bit my tongue!) and he needed a 163 because they give everyone with that LSAT and above a full tuition scholarship. It was so strange hearing Cooley referred to as someone's dream school when everything I've heard about it has been negative (though in all fairness everything I've heard about it has also come from LSD). Is this scholarship the one people are claiming is ridiculously hard to maintain? I don't want to burst his bubble but I'm wondering if I should mention some of the things i've heard about Cooley.

You should tell him you heard it's very competitive, and that he should read the fine print about the scholarship to make sure it's not conditional. 

(You can probably get a full ride from Wayne State or other far more respectable schools with a 163.)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2007, 12:32:06 AM »
My dear future lawyers, can't we all just get along?  :P

Coincidentally, I just got off the phone with a friend who was supposed to take the June LSAT but postponed. He told me the school he's trying for is called Cooley (I bit my tongue!) and he needed a 163 because they give everyone with that LSAT and above a full tuition scholarship. It was so strange hearing Cooley referred to as someone's dream school when everything I've heard about it has been negative (though in all fairness everything I've heard about it has also come from LSD). Is this scholarship the one people are claiming is ridiculously hard to maintain? I don't want to burst his bubble but I'm wondering if I should mention some of the things i've heard about Cooley.

You should tell him you heard it's very competitive, and that he should read the fine print about the scholarship to make sure it's not conditional. 

(You can probably get a full ride from Wayne State or other far more respectable schools with a 163.)

what about with a 2.0? & URM?

It's an awkward situation, I don't know him that well so it's probably not my place and I don't know how much research he's done.

If he's a real friend, you'll at least find out if he knows this already. 

Does he really have a 2.0?  Being a URM will only help at all schools, of course, except maybe Howard.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »
You could always tell him about this board; let him find out some of this stuff for himself.

That might lead to a suicide attempt.  Better be with him when he logs on.

Just make sure he doesn't access xoxo by mistake. 

Hizzla Pimp

• Sr. Citizen
  • U wanna come here and say that, beeyotch?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - harveyorbust
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2007, 03:12:40 AM »
http://www.cooley.edu/mediacenter/cooley.htm

You've got to sit through a video, but it's worth the pay off for a Cooley jingle...8)

Oh GAWD! I had to go through that THREE times until I was finally able to record the jingle. The first two times, my dad came in at the very end and asked me to help him with something. Each time!

This is going to be my new ring-tone. I'm also showing up to ASW next year with my Cooley-gear! Only, I hope it's not going to be at Cooley.

Also, I liked that one student's (ahem) boldly-unique name."Ebonee Avery". hehehe.

I feel I've been infected, somehow.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2007, 03:26:54 AM »
LOL! Actually I was just about to plead for a mutual deletion of the quotes from moi before I mention LSD to him. Somehow I don't think he'd consider me posting on the internet asking if he has chances anywhere and saying i barely know him (which just makes me sound weird) to be too encouraging.

Does he know your screen name? 

If not, no worries.