;

Author Topic: W&M  (Read 314 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
W&M
« on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »
I applied in Oct. to William & Mary. So far, I'm not one of the lucky ones to have heard back from them. They promise to mail decisions by April, but what are my chances of hearing from them in March? When did they release the bulk of their decisions last year?
VIP.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: W&M
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:43:49 PM »
I applied in Oct. to William & Mary. So far, I'm not one of the lucky ones to have heard back from them. They promise to mail decisions by April, but what are my chances of hearing from them in March? When did they release the bulk of their decisions last year?

I think they plan on dinging/WL those of us who haven't heard yet. I'm past caring, I guess. I'd go to BU over W+M and I'd go to UNC over W+M. Maybe I'm just bitter? I dunno. Either way, I paid for my decision and I'd like it so...

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 11:44:50 PM »

High, I'd say. Last year they put out a fair number of acceptances (at least on LSN) around the  beginning of March to the 8th of March. After that, there were no more acceptances except off of the waitlist.

I think they plan on dinging/WL those of us who haven't heard yet. I'm past caring, I guess. I'd go to BU over W+M and I'd go to UNC over W+M. Maybe I'm just bitter? I dunno. Either way, I paid for my decision and I'd like it so...

I don't think so. 14 acceptances on LSN were after today's date (2/28 until 3/7) which is about 12% of the total acceptances (discounting waitlist, accepts).

Don't get angry yet. They never promised you any sort of deadline that's already passed.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:55:25 PM »

High, I'd say. Last year they put out a fair number of acceptances (at least on LSN) around the  beginning of March to the 8th of March. After that, there were no more acceptances except off of the waitlist.

I don't think so. 14 acceptances on LSN were after today's date (2/28 until 3/7) which is about 12% of the total acceptances (discounting waitlist, accepts).

Don't get angry yet. They never promised you any sort of deadline that's already passed.

I know they didn't, and if it wasn't for LSN I probably wouldn't care at all. I am only angry because it's gotten to the point where I can't seriously consider the school...I don't live close by, and I'd need to visit to choose it over my other choices. If I get in, for example, in 2 weeks I won't really have an opportunity to visit at all to make my decision.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:00:34 PM »
seems like w&m and places that don't utilize rolling admissions are doing themselves a disservice because they don't give anyone time to plan ahead.

i've already come to terms with an impending ut ding and have psyched myself up about attending smu.  w&m coming in at the last minute when i'm already trying to juggle multiple asw events is just frustrating