Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YLS 2010  (Read 55844 times)

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
Re: YLS 2010
« Reply #660 on: July 06, 2007, 08:52:26 PM »
Has anyone heard back from either the YLS Financial Aid office or from your chosen lender after submitting all of that info to Yale like a month ago?

Just wondering, 'cause I haven't heard from Bank of America yet.

I just now did my fafsa. I'm praying they'll overlook my tardy.
YLS c/o 2009

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2007, 09:38:08 PM »
I don't think they are on top of things enough to be a stickler for the rules.  Plus they seem really nice and responsive so far.

I'm sure that means so much coming from a 0L.  Oh well... just gotta keep your fingers crossed.
I'm taking my freedom... Pulling it off the shelf... Putting it on my chain... Wearing it 'round my neck... I'm taking my freedom... Putting it in my car... Wherever I choose to go... It will take me far

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 06, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »
Check SIS and see if your loans say "accepted."

safado

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2007, 10:54:39 AM »
Plus they seem really nice and responsive so far.

Nice? - yes. Responsive? - not so much. I have still not received responses for multiple e-mails, some of them sent months ago. They only have 2 people in the financial aid office, and I think they are a little overwhelmed this time of year. It is understandable, but still a little frustrating.
Yale 2010 (or 2011 if I do a joint degree...)

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »

Nice? - yes. Responsive? - not so much. I have still not received responses for multiple e-mails, some of them sent months ago. They only have 2 people in the financial aid office, and I think they are a little overwhelmed this time of year. It is understandable, but still a little frustrating.

Umm when I e-mailed them earlier this year they responded very quickly and sent me out my financial aid award the next day.  This was after I had filed my Need Access late.  So I'd say they are responsive.  Them not responding to my e-mail as quickly as I'd like is not as big of a deal to me.

Though I imagine if I had sent multiple e-mails, I'd be frustrated too.  But like you said, they are a little overwhelmed this time of year.
I'm taking my freedom... Pulling it off the shelf... Putting it on my chain... Wearing it 'round my neck... I'm taking my freedom... Putting it in my car... Wherever I choose to go... It will take me far

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2007, 03:30:45 PM »
Read the E-bill.  Doesn't seem like much of a bill since they say "Do Not Pay" on mine.  I'm only too happy to oblige.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 08, 2007, 07:51:33 AM »
Just wanted to drop in and say hi.  Sorry, but I have not read the 40+ pages that constitute this thread, but just wanted to say that I am looking forward to attending with all of you in New Haven this Fall :) 
Yale 2010

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 08, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

Try calling.  I called around 10:00 the other day and got an answer the first try.

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 08, 2007, 12:10:04 PM »
Mine doesn't say "Do Not Pay"

You're lucky, my friend.  Mine has a whole lot of $ due on August 1st.

Luckily, it says that I've already paid $1.47!  Nice!

cookiemonster

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 09, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »
Is there anyone receiving financial aid whose bill is still saying "due Aug. 1"?  I'm covering the entire amount payable to YLS with fin aid, so I don't want to get a late fee for not paying a bill I'm getting paid through the school's financial aid.