Law School Discussion

YLS 2010

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
Re: YLS 2010
« Reply #660 on: July 06, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »
Has anyone heard back from either the YLS Financial Aid office or from your chosen lender after submitting all of that info to Yale like a month ago?

Just wondering, 'cause I haven't heard from Bank of America yet.

I just now did my fafsa. I'm praying they'll overlook my tardy.

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »
I don't think they are on top of things enough to be a stickler for the rules.  Plus they seem really nice and responsive so far.

I'm sure that means so much coming from a 0L.  Oh well... just gotta keep your fingers crossed.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 06, 2007, 07:47:14 PM »
Check SIS and see if your loans say "accepted."

safado

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
Plus they seem really nice and responsive so far.

Nice? - yes. Responsive? - not so much. I have still not received responses for multiple e-mails, some of them sent months ago. They only have 2 people in the financial aid office, and I think they are a little overwhelmed this time of year. It is understandable, but still a little frustrating.

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »

Nice? - yes. Responsive? - not so much. I have still not received responses for multiple e-mails, some of them sent months ago. They only have 2 people in the financial aid office, and I think they are a little overwhelmed this time of year. It is understandable, but still a little frustrating.

Umm when I e-mailed them earlier this year they responded very quickly and sent me out my financial aid award the next day.  This was after I had filed my Need Access late.  So I'd say they are responsive.  Them not responding to my e-mail as quickly as I'd like is not as big of a deal to me.

Though I imagine if I had sent multiple e-mails, I'd be frustrated too.  But like you said, they are a little overwhelmed this time of year.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »
Read the E-bill.  Doesn't seem like much of a bill since they say "Do Not Pay" on mine.  I'm only too happy to oblige.

Data

• They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 08, 2007, 05:51:33 AM »
Just wanted to drop in and say hi.  Sorry, but I have not read the 40+ pages that constitute this thread, but just wanted to say that I am looking forward to attending with all of you in New Haven this Fall :) 

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 08, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »

Try calling.  I called around 10:00 the other day and got an answer the first try.

« Reply #668 on: July 08, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
Mine doesn't say "Do Not Pay"

You're lucky, my friend.  Mine has a whole lot of $ due on August 1st.

Luckily, it says that I've already paid $1.47!  Nice!

« Reply #669 on: July 09, 2007, 09:50:09 AM »
Is there anyone receiving financial aid whose bill is still saying "due Aug. 1"?  I'm covering the entire amount payable to YLS with fin aid, so I don't want to get a late fee for not paying a bill I'm getting paid through the school's financial aid.